General Television Thread

Hellfire

Don't watch Hannibal, Jimmy, watch any of those other three first. They're all a thousand times better.

I can't speak for Sopranos or The Wire, but I think you'd like GoT. Once it gets past it's "Man, every scene needs tits" phase, it's some wonderful television.

I can't speak about prior seasons, but I watched this past season of GoT due to the lady friend. It sucked. A lot. It was awful. Like, it was reeeeeeallllllllllly bad. It was laughably bad. It was boring, gratuitously gory, the dialogue was often corny as fuck, and a lot of character's motivations were stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid.

• Like 1

Yay, Cuckoo's coming back. Boo, they've replaced Andy Samberg with that bloke from Twilight. Someone's stock has fallen quickly.

Or he's too busy filming the FOX show in which he stars?

I couldn't get into True Detective, at all. I fully admit that the acting was superb, but it was the most cop proceduraly cop procedural that ever cop proceduraled (not really, it just had an assload of hype for being innovative from friends/acquaintances, when it wasn't at all), and I just got bored as fuck by halfway through the second episode. When the ending was spoiled for me, I was like "Oh, of course. OF COURSE."

Anybody else watching Matador on El Rey?

Episode 2 introduces a character played by a certain Mrs. Eve Torres.

I'm about half way through the 2nd season of House of Cards and I'm enjoying it. It's more consistent than the first season story-wise and thematically. It's strongest attribute is still the really great performances, which continue to really drive the story. Shame about some of the kinda cringey dialogue and

and the murder stuff, still. I didn't like it in the first season, and while Zoe's death was a huge shock, it just pushes how much I'm either willing to believe or what I'm entertained by. The constant struggle for power, the politics and the relationships are more than enough for me. The murder stuff is just all a little bit much. Admittedly there isn't much on it, but it still impacts how I feel about the whole show.

• Like 1

I'm about half way through the 2nd season of House of Cards and I'm enjoying it. It's more consistent than the first season story-wise and thematically. It's strongest attribute is still the really great performances, which continue to really drive the story. Shame about some of the kinda cringey dialogue and

and the murder stuff, still. I didn't like it in the first season, and while Zoe's death was a huge shock, it just pushes how much I'm either willing to believe or what I'm entertained by. The constant struggle for power, the politics and the relationships are more than enough for me. The murder stuff is just all a little bit much. Admittedly there isn't much on it, but it still impacts how I feel about the whole show.

There was a better way to write Kata Mara out of the show. Also, the president is just about the worst actor I have ever seen on a major TV show, that guy sucks.

"Frank, I'm very disappointed in your actions."

"Mr. President, I didn't do what Raymond, and the Secretary of State, and the Chinese, and everybody else said I did.

"Okay, Frank. I believe you.

Only got three episodes left of House of Cars left, and I've got say I think it's a really, really good show. I mentioned some criticisms above, but episodes 8-10 have been really great viewing. I think you kind of have to buy into and go along with it, but it's worthwhile. It's just nice to be watching TV shows again, and I'm a fan of how the creative control programmes seem to have through Netflix. Tempted to try Orange Is The New Black sometime this year too.