General Television Thread

Hellfire

The only thing I don't like about it is that he sometimes talks as an American resident, and sometimes as an outsider looking in, but it seems to flipflop seemingly at random which I can only put down to the multiple writers thing. Its jarring when you notice it.

It's because he considers himself both, which he is.

I know, but that doesn't excuse the awkward phrasing whereby 'we' and 'you' need a massive amount of thinking about minute by minute to work out who he's talking about.

I'm using this summer to binge watch the TV I couldn't watch these past few months. I wrapped up the Americans (awesome), Hannibal (great first half, okay second half) and True Detective (good) and now I've just started episode one of Fargo and holy shit where have you been all my life? I'm gonna steamroll through it and then I'll watch the last seasons of Orange is the New Black and Game of Thrones.

I'm using this summer to binge watch the TV I couldn't watch these past few months. I wrapped up the Americans (awesome), Hannibal (great first half, okay second half) and True Detective (good) and now I've just started episode one of Fargo and holy shit where have you been all my life? I'm gonna steamroll through it and then I'll watch the last seasons of Orange is the New Black and Game of Thrones.

Your list from awesome to great to good is completely backwards. Actually you could swap the second season of Hannibal with True Detective and it'll still be completely backwards.

Your list from awesome to great to good is completely backwards. Actually you could swap the second season of Hannibal with True Detective and it'll still be completely backwards.

What truly made the Americans awesome, for me, was the conclusion to the second season. There are so few shows out there that can actually deliver a good payoff to a build-up and that finale was one of the best I've seen in recent memory. It wrapped up the season neatly and made me want to see more. Thus, awesome.

As for Hannibal

Once Will got out of jail and Hannibal put the murders on that other doctor, the whole thing kinda lost steam. I was binging on that first half like crazy but then... I dunno. Something wasn't as great

True Detective though, I liked but didn't love. Good acting, good atmosphere, good characters but to me that story was just your kinda standard really. Still, I'm on board for next season.

So, no, I stand by my opinion and question your science! :P

Oh man, Game of Thrones. I can't make up my mind who I like and who I don't like anymore.

Except for Peter Dinklage because he's been amazing since Day 1. Ayra Stark, too. I hope they become friends and kill all the people I hate.

For reference, just watched Season 3, Episode 7.