General Television Thread

Hellfire

Derek is the best show I have ever seen. It isn't even close.

The Ricky Gervais thing?

Yeah, it isn't like anything else he has made. It's incredibly gentle and deserves all of the awards.

I love having the opportunity to post this.

I detest Ricky Gervais. I'd rather drink a pint of old mans spit, in a shit covered glass with pubes on the rim than have to see him anywhere near the words "comedian" "comedy" or "funny"

I'll trim my pubes and shit in a glass for you, because he's all of those.

I didn't like him either when I'd just seen Extras and The Office. Then I listened to his podcasts and Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington were interesting enough to carry me through my hate. Then I found myself warming to Ricky Gervais. He's undoubtedly funny and actually seems like a really gentle type of person.

But Derek is entirely different to anything he has done before (besides being a faux doco). It's warm, gentle and the total opposite of snarky.

• Like 1

I love having the opportunity to post this.

I detest Ricky Gervais. I'd rather drink a pint of old mans spit, in a shit covered glass with pubes on the rim than have to see him anywhere near the words "comedian" "comedy" or "funny"

You've gone wrong.

• Like 2

There's a key difference; Benji said it wasn't to his taste, you said he wasn't funny.

Having said that I wouldn't be put off if you don't like his other shit, this is entirely different.

How is expressing an opinion and how you phrased it ridiculous on a forum where you are expected to express opinions?

By your logic, we need to be expressing opinions in a format signed off by the staff in the ilk of "I do not like ______ because _________"

I really don't care Ant, you just started throwing out "WHAH I'M BEING SINGLED OUT" when it wasn't for your opinion, it's because you said it in a stupid way. You're perfectly entitled to say it however you want, but everyone else is also entitled to call you on it being a stupid way of saying it.