General Television Thread

Hellfire

So the alternate ending to How I Met Your Mother leaked, and in my opinion is far more satisfying than the one they went with. No new footage, but Saget's done extra voiceover work and it's just better. Have placed it in spoiler tags below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLKKbXsbYbY

• Like 1

Seen a lot of people defend the original because it actually tried something unexpected and subverted expectations.

Really don't agree with that train of thought. I'd rather have a satisfying ending that I was expecting than a disappointing one that I wasn't. Especially not in a show like How I Met Your Mother. Save that shit for Breaking Bad and True Detective, where the writers are good enough to pull it off.

• Like 2

Looking through this year's new shows, there's a few that look somewhat interesting/have cast members I'd be interested in:

• Gotham (Sept 22)
  • Mulaney (Oct 5)
  • The Flash (Oct 7)
  • Constantine (Oct 24)
  • Agent Carter (2014/2015)
  • Aquarius (2014/2015)
  • Bordertown (2014/2015)
  • Fresh Off the Boat (2014/2015)
  • Heroes Reborn (2014/2015)
  • The Odd Couple (2014/2015)
  • The Whispers (2014/2015)

The only one of those I have full faith in is Flash, as it's from a proven team in an area they've done well in.

I really want Constantine and Gotham to be great, but something in my gut tells me to not hold my breath. More so for Gotham, but Constantine could fall apart horribly if not done well.

Both of them seem to have good reviews. Extant's got an 83% on RottenTomatoes, with The Last Ship holding a 64% - so they're both "certified fresh". Just from reading the plot synopsis of Extant, it seems like it'd be interesting. I can't say I've seen either one though.