General Television Thread

Hellfire

Just read a synopsis for "Selfie", it takes two people I really like (John Cho and Karen Gillian) and gives them this:

In a remake/remodel of My Fair Lady, Gillan plays the social media-obsessed Eliza Dooley while Cho plays Henry Higenbottam, a self-image guru with designs on making Eliza more comfortable with actual human interaction.

I can't remember the last time I cringed just reading a blurb like I did this one.

Yea I saw a preview for it before some movie awhile back. It looked cringe worthy indeed

http://hbowatch.com/the-wire-being-remastered-rebroadcast-in-hd-by-hbo/

Word on the streets is that The Wire is going to get remastered and re-aird, in HD, by HBO.

Just a rumor right now, but if it happens, even though I don't have HBO, and I do have copies of The Wire (although, not the most legal ones), I'd be all for it. More people need to see that series.

• Like 1

http://hbowatch.com/the-wire-being-remastered-rebroadcast-in-hd-by-hbo/

Word on the streets is that The Wire is going to get remastered and re-aird, in HD, by HBO.

Just a rumor right now, but if it happens, even though I don't have HBO, and I do have copies of The Wire (although, not the most legal ones), I'd be all for it. More people need to see that series.

Nope

So since the new fall season is just about to start (or has started in one or two cases), I'm wondering what everybody's gonna' be keeping an eye on, or at least catching the pilot of to see if they like it?

Besides the obvious answers like the ton of comic book-based series coming up, I also want to check out A to Z, Mulaney, Red Band Society and Utopia. I want to also check out Marry Me because it has Casey Wilson and Ken Marino, but it looks absolutely horrible and I think I'll end up hating Marino for taking part in it.

Also, does anybody know of a time frame for The Rock's HBO show?