General Television Thread

Hellfire

By far. I watched it and I don't think I laughed once. Got to the end of the season and wound up finding it hilarious.

Might give it another go then. I didn't even finish the pilot episode I was so bored by it.

I've never really come across a comedy pilot I instantly loved. I think after Parks, Community, Brooklyn etc, my criteria for giving a comedy a few episodes was that it didn't annoy me, or was so unfunny it hurts. Silicon Valley pilot was fine, not a lot of laughing, but I'll keep with it, especially after a few comments here.

Yeah, comedy pilots always seem to be bad. Off the top of my head, Modern Family's and Cheers' pilots might be the only one I liked and thought this show is going to be good from the get go.

Yeah sitcoms are tough because in order for them to excel, the cast has to have a rhythm down in order for the jokes to work and that doesn't happen very quickly. It's what gravitated me towards Brooklyn Nine-Nine so much because the chemistry between every member of the cast is crazy for a show with only one season (making it even crazier as the season was going on).