General Television Thread

Hellfire

Really, really impressed with the first season of Silicon Valley. The finale was really fitting and rounded things off really nicely. It's not always laugh out loud funny to me (though I'd say the finale was a high point) but it's very endearing as well. It needs to expand on some of the supporting characters, but yeah, I'd say that was a very good first season. I'd found Elrich kind of annoying throughout the show, but like everyone, he really peaked by the finale. Not perfect, but a really good new comedy.

I went to see when the next season of Sunny started up because it's usually around now - and I was blown away by what I found.

At first I saw that it started in January and took that as a bad sign - but it's premiering with the Tracy Morgan project that the guys are making, and aside from that it's also going until season 12 making it the longest running comedy in cable history and tying for 2nd overall. That's pretty cool. They've also got another comedy pilot deal and a couple of movies out of the deal. Love it.

Anything that tends to be a little bit darker. In my personal life, I do a lot of self deprecating humor like the stuff you'd see on Louie but the best way that I have seen Sunny described is "Seinfeld if everyone was a total asshole" which is so apt in my mind it hurts. I mean, the characters have real growth and character progression - it just goes in the opposite way that you'd expect.

Plus, Charlie is my spirit animal.

TV starts being worth watching again in these next few weeks! Anyone got a decent site with all the return dates?

Latest episode of The New Girl (that one was for you, GoGo) was fun! Good return. I hope Winston gets more time this season, he's by far my favorite character.

SEX FIST!

• Like 1

Thought I had since I restarted my Criminal Minds watchthrough I was doing a couple years ago. this show really is the best of the cop/crime shows. It's generally well researched in regards to killers motivations and personalities, the effects of of such a job on the team seems pretty realistic. Especially the borderline PTSD Gideon suffers from and the way Hotchner's family life deteriorates. It overestimates the accuracy of profiling but it's a show about profilers, it's to be expected. Garcia and her job is really the only thing that sticks out. She's the "quirky" character almost every show has to have and the show, like a lot of others doesn't quite understand technology but even then it's not nearly such a big thing as it is on other shows.

Maybe I'm not remembering some stuff or maybe it went off the ledge after I stopped last time, I dunno.

• Like 1