General Television Thread

Hellfire

I hate the word overrated. 'Its alright, but its overrated'. I want your opinion on it, not your opinion on someone else's opinion on it, do you think its good or not?

It's up there with 'random' on my list of words that add nothing to a conversation in modern usage.

• Like 1

Utopia is good, if a little bizarre, but it does a good job of the conspiracy theory "don't trust anyone" stuff, and the cinematography is probably some of the best I've seen in British TV in a long time. Currently on episode four of season one and enjoying it.

Utopia is good, if a little bizarre, but it does a good job of the conspiracy theory "don't trust anyone" stuff, and the cinematography is probably some of the best I've seen in British TV in a long time. Currently on episode four of season one and enjoying it.

The trailer for the new season convinced my girlfriend and I to watch the first season and we just finished. I enjoyed it. It's nice to see something a bit different on British TV and I'm enjoying the current trend of British shows drastically improving their cinematography (Broadchuch, Southcliffe). I'd say the show suffers a little from not having brilliant characters, but it's pretty fun, if not slightly predictable at times. I'm looking forward to the second series, which started the other day.

Wanna do more British shows; either Sherlock or In The Flesh next for me.

• Like 1

Yeah the characters are a tad two dimensional in that don't really have their own personalities, but their motivations are all interesting enough to let that slide for me. Like you say it's nice to just see something different in British TV.

Man, Sherlock. That show is great, but there's this fucking weird divide between the top tier stuff and bottom. Like, some of the acting is incredible and then some of the background characters are fucking dreadful. (The black cop woman is particularly awful). And the directing. Man, like, some of it's beautiful. Then they pull that shit with words flying everywhere that looks like something you'd think is really innovative when your doing film studies, but in reality is just really lame and tacky.

The trailer for the new season convinced my girlfriend and I to watch the first season and we just finished. I enjoyed it. It's nice to see something a bit different on British TV and I'm enjoying the current trend of British shows drastically improving their cinematography (Broadchuch, Southcliffe). I'd say the show suffers a little from not having brilliant characters, but it's pretty fun, if not slightly predictable at times. I'm looking forward to the second series, which started the other day.

Wanna do more British shows; either Sherlock or In The Flesh next for me.

Vicious. Just so you can see Ian McKellen play himself.

Also, fucking hell, The Strain was awesome. Season premiere of Masters of Sex was even more awesome. I'm all set for these next couple of months.

Speaking of which, how many episodes is the Strain?

It's really not a laugh out loud, thousand laugh a minute show or whatever if that's what you're expecting. And the pilot's mostly just there to set the season up and introduce you to everyone.

Also TJ Miller is fucking hilarious as Erlich as the show goes on. His delivery on so many lines is absolutely killer.

• Like 1

Can we drop that? I don't mean to be an ass, but bringing up BBT just makes me roll my eyes at your point. I know you're only being tongue in cheek but it's an annoying thing to do.

I'm giving it the full series, it wasn't bad, I was just hoping for more from it.