General Television Thread

Hellfire

He needs that extra forty minutes for the long montage of sorrowful characters set to his wife singing a mournful, slowed-down cover of "Love Will Keep Us Together."

• Like 6

Oh god Kurt Sutter. You just make everything.. hurt.

*Cue 20 minute sorrowful episode ending montage set to Katey Sagal's cover of Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt"*

• Like 1

True Detective was unbelievable. The story was extremely good, the atmosphere was brilliant, but the standard of the acting just made it all for me. Easily some of the best acting I've ever seen on television, just superb stuff.

Jesus Christ, Hannibal (S2, E12 spoiler)...

... the scene where Mason is eating his own face is the first time I've been downright disturbed by the show. It's had truly vile moments, but I feel somewhat desensitized to a lot of it, but that scenes... just God damn it made me want to throw up.

EDIT: Episode 13 MAJOR spoiler:

Wha... Abigail Hobbs is alive?! WHAT THE SHIT IS GOING ON >_>

• Like 2

I just watched the first three episodes of HBO' the Leftovers . The show seems to be very well written, after only three shows they have developed character depth for a number of the main characters on the show. Similar to True Detective, I think this will be a show that really kicks into gear about mid-season and takes off from that point.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, Hannibal (S2, E12 spoiler)...

... the scene where Mason is eating his own face is the first time I've been downright disturbed by the show. It's had truly vile moments, but I feel somewhat desensitized to a lot of it, but that scenes... just God damn it made me want to throw up.

EDIT: Episode 13 MAJOR spoiler:

Wha... Abigail Hobbs is alive?! WHAT THE SHIT IS GOING ON >_>

I've been waiting for you to get to moments like these.

I just watched the first three episodes of HBO' the Leftovers . The show seems to be very well written, after only three shows they have developed character depth for a number of the main characters on the show. Similar to True Detective, I think this will be a show that really kicks into gear about mid-season and takes off from that point.

As someone that loved True Detective, should I watch this? I like to have a few series on the go at once. At the moment I'm kind of getting through House of Cards season 2. I've also started thinking about trying out Lilyhammer.

I like the idea of doing a series which isn't a big commitment. Like, I really, really wanna do The Wire, Games of Thrones, the rest of The Sopranos etc, but it seems like too much right now.

My brother in law got me into watching Banshee on Cinemax. We're having fun pointing out the "Thats not how it is in Pennsylvania" stuff despite it taking place in Pennsylvania

Don't watch Hannibal, Jimmy, watch any of those other three first. They're all a thousand times better.

I can't speak for Sopranos or The Wire, but I think you'd like GoT. Once it gets past it's "Man, every scene needs tits" phase, it's some wonderful television.

Season 2 of Fargo will be set in 1979 and will in part be about the murders in Sioux City that Lou Solversson (Molly's dad) mentions in that diner scene with Malvo. Needless to say, Lou will be one of the main characters of the season.

• Like 4