General Television Thread

Hellfire

That's exactly what it means. They're basically just clarifying that it's not a prequel or a sequel to Breaking Bad, it's about Saul Goodman and everything that comes with that, whether it's before, during or after the events of Breaking Bad.

It's smart because now they have more room to tell story instead of being hamstrung by a pre-determined ending.

Edited by livid

Starz to take a stab at developing (it was at HBO a couple years ago) Neil Gaiman's American Gods with Bryan Fuller and Michael Green (NBC's Kings) writing/producing.

I'm not familiar with the source material but it sounds fascinating and Fuller/Green is quite the team to adapt it. Should be interesting.

Everyone I know who watched it originally has said the same thing about it. Its a 2 season show that was good for 1.5 seasons and was bad for the last half of season 2

Yes! I loved it, I think it'll be one of incredibly good shows. More people should watch it.

Also, I don't know why im doing this to myself but im watching the latest season of the Simpsons.

Later seasons? The show ended in 2001 man.:shifty:

And the movie. The movie was good enough to acknowledge.

I always find it funny when I watch an episode from season seven and think of it as a later episode. It's scary how long ago it went from a must watch to a 'meh, nothing else on', but the tv guide telling me Homers Enemy was on C4 the other week was enough to make me and my brother watch it together for the first time in years.

Yes! I loved it, I think it'll be one of incredibly good shows. More people should watch it.

Also, I don't know why im doing this to myself but im watching the latest season of the Simpsons.

Later seasons? The show ended in 2001 man. :shifty:

2001? When you were an infant? :shifty:

Later seasons? The show ended in 2001 man. :shifty:

2001? When you were an infant? :shifty:

7 years old is not an infant! Funny considering you are ONLY TWO YEARS OLDER THAN ME. o_O

And I have seasons 1-13 on DVD. I got really into the show when I was about 12/13 watching the older seasons. Then I tried to watch the current stuff at the time(this is 2007) and it was terrible. Whenever I catch it on TV nowadays it's still terrible.

My biggest problem is the total overdose of guest stars. Guest stars are cool in moderation and in the context of a story as used in earlier seasons, but now it seems they just try to cram as many shit guests as possible and then work the entire story of the episode around it. It's really lame. How many times am I going to watch *Lisa runs into *Insert Lady GaGa. Glee cast. etc* and hilarity ensues! They also focus way too much on Lisa, who is the least interesting Simpson not named Marge. The show is also just played out. It ran it's course over a decade ago but they keep milking it. The writing is so lackluster.

They do seem to have toned down guest star appearances, but they're always cringey. Also the constant references to current pop culture make the newer episodes seem MORE dated than the older ones, especially with the way modern culture moves so fast. Everyone knows the show should be dead, but it's still got some good episodes now and again.

That's my view too. While the older ones did have some pop culture references, they were usually references that still endure (Jacko, The Beatles) and/or tended not to be just thrown in as a gag. Nowadays they're chucked in willy nilly with that horrible Scary Movie logic of 'the reference is the joke'.

• Like 1

Honestly, the Warriors episode could have been ten times funnier, but like Colly said, they basically just "we'll make references to that movie, and it's funny, you see!"

I'm just sloshing through to the LEGO's episode, then I'll probably quit.