General Television Thread

Hellfire

Fargo Finale:

I wouldn't change a thing, that was wonderful. A few moments even brought some tears: basically anything involving Lou, and Gus finally getting Malvo. Wonderful, wonderful writing, direction, and performances. I really hope this show is remembered when it comes to award season.

Also, Louie Finale:

Man, does anyone else have mixed feelings about this? I really hope season 5 follows up on this new development and shows how it wasn't such a great decision. That said, there was still great stuff in there. The entire museum sequence and the date were both lovely in their own ways.

Was I supposed to be more impressed with True Detective than I was? Outside of the fight sequence, and a few awesome bits in the finale, it seemed to really drag on.

One more episode of Fargo to watch (which I absolutely love!), then I've downloaded the first season of Rectify, first season of Silicon Valley, first season of Orange is the New Black.... and I will finally watch Breaking Bad.

Any other recommendations?

True Detective was good, but nowhere near what people claimed it would be. It had some great moments, but it really dragged as much as it could out of it's story. The final talk between the two main characters though was wonderful.

Fargo ends this week so I decided to make it this week's show for me. Really enjoyed the first episode despite a slow start. Looks like it'll be worth the 10+ hours.

Was I supposed to be more impressed with True Detective than I was? Outside of the fight sequence, and a few awesome bits in the finale, it seemed to really drag on.

One more episode of Fargo to watch (which I absolutely love!), then I've downloaded the first season of Rectify, first season of Silicon Valley, first season of Orange is the New Black.... and I will finally watch Breaking Bad.

Any other recommendations?

Broad City! <_<

Just finished Fargo. :D

It's weird. It was one of those shows that while I didn't outright love it, I'd watch it ASAP every single week. I really got to like the characters by the end. I guess it was similar to my feelings on Terriers in that sense.

How hot are anthology series? So hot that Starz has ordered an anthology series based on a Steven Soderbergh film you may have not even realized existed and/or was a Steven Soderbergh film, The Girlfriend Experience.

The concept of using a male/female indie filmmaker tandem to write/direct each season is intriguing but beyond that, I'm having trouble understanding why this is a thing.

How hot are anthology series? So hot that Starz has ordered an anthology series based on a Steven Soderbergh film you may have not even realized existed and/or was a Steven Soderbergh film, The Girlfriend Experience.

The concept of using a male/female indie filmmaker tandem to write/direct each season is intriguing but beyond that, I'm having trouble understanding why this is a thing.

God, that movie was horrible. It didn't help that Sasha Grey was the lead, and it showed that this type of film is not her thing.

Fargo finale...

Much like True Detective, it was a bit long for my liking, but it was less of an issue than TD.

Squealed in pain and excitement at the bear trap.

Read that they're contemplating doing a second season but not sure how they'd go about it yet. I was watching hoping it'd somehow feature the FBI guys only for them to die :(

Overall, a good series that was something a bit different. Worth giving a shot to it.

RE Benji: A second season would hypothetically revolve around an entirely new cast and story. An easy way to connect it would be through

Someone finding the briefcase

• Like 2