General Television Thread

Hellfire

Was I supposed to be more impressed with True Detective than I was? Outside of the fight sequence, and a few awesome bits in the finale, it seemed to really drag on.

One more episode of Fargo to watch (which I absolutely love!), then I've downloaded the first season of Rectify, first season of Silicon Valley, first season of Orange is the New Black.... and I will finally watch Breaking Bad.

Any other recommendations?

Broad City! <_<

I can't tell if you're serious or not because of the face, but Broad City is pretty good.

Damn you, Freddie Lounds!

EDIT: Don't worry, GoGo, I'll save you the trouble:

Freddie_Lounds_profile_portal_(1).gif

Oh that's the first one I did, though! For part three I'd probably go with

2555_8e88.gif

• Like 1

So I checked out the pilot for Tyrant last night and it's alright. The intriguing premise is muddled by some odd writing decisions but that can be overcome with more time. I'll probably wait a bit to check back in again.

So I checked out the pilot for Tyrant last night and it's alright. The intriguing premise is muddled by some odd writing decisions but that can be overcome with more time. I'll probably wait a bit to check back in again.

A lot of people that have been able to watch the first few episodes are saying it's excellent television. I'm gonna check out the pilot this week, but I think I'm gonna stick to it no matter how I feel about it just to see what the fuss is about.

I basically think I'm holding off because I'm so fucking behind on all these other shows that once I've gotten to the point where I have the free time again to catch up on TV, my priorities are going to be catching up on Louie, OITNB (just got a little bit into episode three and omg the Suzanne flashbacks :(), and then hopefully Elementary. And that's not factoring in The Bridge coming back in a couple weeks.

I didn't mean to check it out last night for pretty much the same reason but my roommate wanted to check it out so I figured why not. I too have Elementary to catch up on still, I just started Fargo, I was meaning to check out Sundance's stuff, Rectify and The Red Road, I was debating digging into The Americans and on top of all that, my original plan for the summer was to finally watch The Wire but it's not looking like that's going to happen.

The fact that The Leftovers and The Strain debut within the next few weeks doesn't help any of that either.

Edited by livid

my original plan for the summer was to finally watch The Wire but it's not looking like that's going to happen.

You and me both, sister. But I think I'm still gonna try to make it happen despite The Strain and The Leftovers starting.

Psht, you try watching a million and one different shows and see how much time you have left to watch ones that don't even air anymore! :P

Throw in a full time job and bingo bango.

• Like 1