General Television Thread

Hellfire

No joke on nothing, I'd much happier Enlisted could return than Community has returned.

This, I absolutely love Community, but Enlisted was one of my favorite things this season.

Saying that a TV show is "cheating" is hilarious.

This. I have trouble even wrapping my mind around that argument. It's like saying a good stand alone film is cheating because it didn't make a sequel. Nonsensical.

I'm not sure how it's overrated when it's just really that good? It's not like Lost or Dexter, where there's a bunch of additional seasons to taint the overall product. What we got from season 1 was an amazing story that was both complete and consistent. It might not be for everyone (as nothing is), but if you like that kind of show, it's not overrated. It doesn't even have half the hype a show like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones does.

• Like 3

True Detective is going to become one of those super overrated shoes, isn't it?

Jordan's are overrated shoes. Not True Detective! :P

And obviously everyone has different tastes, so there's little point in arguing, but TD was easily some of the finest TV I've personally ever seen. If it's at all overrated, it deserves it.

Become?

Also what else do you consider "super overrated" anyways?

Walking Dead. American Horror Story. House of Cards. Homeland. The Americans.

I don't consider True Detective to be overrated now, at all. I just have a feeling that it will turn into one of those shows that have a following like the Walking Dead where absolutely everything in the show is going to be considered great, amazing television. Especially over time.

Sort of how people call The Sopranos absolutely perfect (it's not) or how I think Boardwalk Empire was amazing from the get go (which a lot of people already disagree with me about).

Become?

I don't consider True Detective to be overrated now, at all. I just have a feeling that it will turn into one of those shows that have a following like the Walking Dead where absolutely everything in the show is going to be considered great, amazing television. Especially over time.

Sort of how people call The Sopranos absolutely perfect (it's not) or how I think Boardwalk Empire was amazing from the get go (which a lot of people already disagree with me about).

Oh, you mean great shows that a lot of people like? Come off it.

I don't even really like any of those shows or watch them on a regular basis, but I can say that they're done wonderfully for the people who like to watch that kind of stuff.

• Like 1

All this talk reminds me - I wish American Horror Story was more Twilight Zone style where a few episodes are connected by a motif for a season, rather than the long, directionless seasons they've been having. Heck, I wish they'd bring back the Twilight Zone full stop, with the quality of TV writing and acting right now I'd imagine you could get some great writers and actors involved.

• Like 1

I would love them bringing back the Twilight Zone!

Become?

Oh, you mean great shows that a lot of people like? Come off it.

I don't even really like any of those shows or watch them on a regular basis, but I can say that they're done wonderfully for the people who like to watch that kind of stuff.

And yet they're what I consider overrated, because everyone I know and their mums have been recommending those shows to me, and I don't think those shows are good at all. If people like those shows they're more than welcome to.