General Television Thread

Hellfire

Knowing Heigl she'll piss off most of the crew and make it not worth the show getting a decent run regardless of quality. Considering all the stories about her awful attitude, I'm amazed she still gets work since she's not even a good actress.

Name value. Or the illusion of it, at least.

Seems like she wants to go the McConaughey route and revitalize her career through TV. Only problem being she sucks and her show's going to be on network TV, meaning it will probably suck too. I dom't think she's been relevant since what, Knocked Up?

She had a couple years of terrible-but-successful romantic comedies before she basically deepsixed all of her goodwill. She's better off on TV, really, but it's not like I'm going to watch this show or anything.

The Butler was boring as hell so it's hard for me to get too excited for a show featuring a lot major players from that. That said, the trailer was better than I thought it would be (still some real schlocky stuff like OMG HE HATES HIS GAY SON) so I'll still probably check it out.

• Like 1

That doesn't mean it's entirely done. In a couple of weeks they can start shopping it to other networks and the other networks are a little bit more desperate than CBS is so I wouldn't be surprised if someone else picked it up.

Edited by livid

CBS has scheduled two CSI spin-off whatevers and still hasn't found room in the schedule for Battle Creek. Fuck you, CBS!

I guarantee you that they have a spot picked out for it it's just midseason and apparently networks aren't announcing their midseason plans at Upfronts anymore.