General Television Thread

Hellfire

Pitt and two female leads have been around for ages. Not heard the California or criminal stuff yet.

I hope the last part's not true, the occult stuff was one of my favorite parts about the show.

I was reading something like that in comments that Nic made about the possibilities of the future direction of the show - and how extremely different they will feel. I can't find the direct quote that mentioned a few of the different possible stories, but he did mention the possibility of there being a "no body" season. Here's the end of it as I saw it, it's floating around quite clearly.

"Okay. This is really early, but I'll tell you (it's about) hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system," the writer shared. Damn.

• Like 1

Yeah both of those rumors have been around since the first season ended but I'm pretty much excited no matter what. That said, Pitt is like the epitome of what I wanted to see from the series going forward.

I was reading something like that in comments that Nic made about the possibilities of the future direction of the show - and how extremely different they will feel. I can't find the direct quote that mentioned a few of the different possible stories, but he did mention the possibility of there being a "no body" season. Here's the end of it as I saw it, it's floating around quite clearly.

"Okay. This is really early, but I'll tell you (it's about) hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system," the writer shared. Damn.

Didn't Cohle bring up that a lot of the victims that matched the M.O. of the Yellow King were very close to a major interstate in the area? Seems like that could have been planting the seed

That was the first proper episode of it that I've watched, was pretty good. Might have to add it to my DVR.

Tried the first episode of True Detective. Right now it still has the tar of the generic "unsociable supergenius" thing, and the episode went on a bit too long for my tastes, so it didn't blow me away, but it was good, and certainly seems to have laid groundwork for something better. I'm assuming the "blow you away" part comes in episode three when people mentioned they seemed to really love it.

Tried the first episode of True Detective. Right now it still has the tar of the generic "unsociable supergenius" thing, and the episode went on a bit too long for my tastes, so it didn't blow me away, but it was good, and certainly seems to have laid groundwork for something better. I'm assuming the "blow you away" part comes in episode three when people mentioned they seemed to really love it.

Nah, that comes in episode four. Episode 3 ends on a strong note, but 4 takes your breath away.

Further increasing my belief that Channel 5 (UK) are useless, they have dropped Once Upon a Time and no-one else has yet picked it up. So anyone who, like me, was waiting for them to start season three - looks like you'll have to stream it for now.