General Television Thread

Hellfire

I was thinking of how my list would look at the end of the year too. Game Of Thrones might drop a bit, I think, I haven't been that impressed by it, and SHIELD and Silicon Valley is definitely going to be placed on it, it's gotten really, really good. The top will still probably be littered with Boardwalk Empire, The Newsroom and um, Parks and Rec? Maybe just Boardwalk Empire and Newsroom. They're both final seasons, and I'm expecting them to be fucking stellar. Community probably rises, Fargo will probably be on there when I start watching, True Detective is 100% making a high debut, and I still need to see Believe, Hannibal, and as for those that haven't debuted, Last Week Tonight, The Leftovers, The Brink and if Ballers is premiering this year, those have a high chance of getting on as well.

Shameless might drop to lower than ten, it was a bad season.

Does anyone with Sky know how long you can keep stuff downloaded from On Demand? The Wire disappears at the end of April and I'm only 3 episodes in, trying to work out if I can download the lot and work through.

It will stay as long as you leave it on there. The only exception is once it's downloaded - if when you press the info button it says an expiry date, but I've only known that on movies and never on TV shows. The end of April date is just the last day it can be downloaded, not watched.

"As good" and "steaming pile of dog turds" means the same thing for that show.

I thought it was rather good, apart from the love triangle.. more twists and turns than Jimmy Saville's lair.

Yeah but all the twists and turns were hilariously fucking dumb.

At any rate, it seems like season 2's getting slightly better (Cs and Ds instead of D- and Fs) reviews on AVClub.

Yeah but all the twists and turns were hilariously fucking dumb.

At any rate, it seems like season 2's getting slightly better (Cs and Ds instead of D- and Fs) reviews on AVClub.

The gay neighbours who werenae gay but might be, but no one knows!

Just watched episode one of True Detective and I'm overtly excited to watch the rest.

For some reason I have this weird connection to gritty stories with a Southern setting. The setting of True Blood is probably the biggest reason I watched it for two seasons... so I'm enjoying this quite a bit.

The Following, I watched Season 1, is Season 2 as good or a pile of steaming dog turds?

Season 2 is better than 1, by far.

The only reason I gave Season 2 a go was because the first ended well, and I wasn't watching much at the time. There's one ep left for me to watch of this season, and I'll be watching Season 3.

As for Grimm, that's another that has gotten gradually better. Season 3 has been great up to now.