General Television Thread

Hellfire

Didn't we already try and recreate Lost's success with this concept? FlashForward or something equally shitty?

I've got to be honest, if you're expecting much from Lindelof in 2014, I have to question if you've paid attention to anything he's done in the last few years.

• Like 1

As much as I love LOST (and it's ending), I'm with Ticklez, Lindelof hasn't set my world on fire - between bastardising Star Trek's soul, disappointing what was pretty much a sure thing with Prometheus and the shambles that was World War Z, I won't get my hopes up for anything he's doing any more, even if it is based somewhere on source material (because seriously - World War Z fucking wasn't).

I haven't seen World War Z, or read the book because I don't know which to do first. That has little to do with the topic at hand,though.

Speaking of HBO shows, anyone catch Last Week Tonight? Was a little hit and miss for me, but hopefully it becomes more solid and Oliver becomes more confident.

Was that a laugh track? I couldn't tell.

I haven't seen World War Z, or read the book because I don't know which to do first. That has little to do with the topic at hand,though.

Yes it does, it's a source material, just like you said The Leftovers is, and Lindelof is behind both.

I meant me seeing neither and not knowing which to watch, not World War Z in itself.

• Like 1

"Is that Flo Rida?"

"No idea."

Silicon Valley, still great.

Peter Gregory is the fucking greatest. When he introduced him as "Florida". :lol:

Only one more episode of him, though. :(

I liked Last Week Tonight. The interview with Gen. Alexander was pretty great.

Got to watch it and really enjoyed it, John Oliver will be a easy replacement once Colbert leaves to take over from Letterman.