General Television Thread

Hellfire

Everyone should be watching Rick and Morty. Tonight saw the introduction of Abradolph Lincler, a genetic hybrid of Lincoln and Hitler.

• Like 3

Californication issent nearly as good as it was in it´s first Seasons but it´s still a fun half houre. Seems like everything they do i have seen them doing before, but still. Maybe it dos not bother me because it only is 30 Minutes.

Nope, its an anthology series that shares the tone of the film, and that's about it.

Ooh, that makes it appealing. Between watching Broadchurch, and finally getting through Mad Men season 6 (which, fucking hell, is amazing) I might just give in and get back into watch TV.

I want to watch The Wire, Deadwood & Sopranos, but I quite like having TV shows with 45 minute episodes. Is there anything really good I'm missing? I think I've watched most of the big shows that aren't on HBO. I'm looking for any time frame, as I plan on watching Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, too. I'll probably just end up finally watching The Wire like I should.

• Like 2

Quick question guys (thanks for Fargo tip)..whats The Americans like? I like my action kind of shows and mystery etc (24, Prison Break, Lost etc)..will i like The Americans or is it sort of Mad Men -ish in its tone and pacing?

Are there any good sci-fi shows airing at the moment? I was a Stargate SG1/Atlantis tragic, also a fan of Firefly, Star Trek TV series, and Battlestar Galactica.

Are there any programs of this mould still around? Or recently?

Edited by kaya

Man, Desperate Housewives was a great show. It had some awful stories at points (I'm looking at you, season two!) and some silly plotholes, but in general it was a great mix of drama and comedy, and that final season was pretty much exactly what the final season should have been. Just finished watching it last night (I dropped off after the first season originally because it's scheduling got screwy, and never got around to watching it properly after that) and it just left me with all the right feelings for a finale that was in keeping with the rest of the show.

Man, Desperate Housewives was a great show. It had some awful stories at points (I'm looking at you, season two!) and some silly plotholes, but in general it was a great mix of drama and comedy, and that final season was pretty much exactly what the final season should have been. Just finished watching it last night (I dropped off after the first season originally because it's scheduling got screwy, and never got around to watching it properly after that) and it just left me with all the right feelings for a finale that was in keeping with the rest of the show.

I never really watched the show but caught bits when an ex used to watch it, was there even a reason that a dead character was the voice over person?

I never really watched the show but caught bits when an ex used to watch it, was there even a reason that a dead character was the voice over person?

She was the four main women's friend, she's basically just there to provide narration and tie everything together, but she has some appearances in the show in flashbacks and the such too.