General Television Thread

Hellfire

So after Letterman and Leno, Craig Ferguson's announced he's stepping down in December.

In tears because he's been begging for Letterman's job.

He is indeed done with late night TV. Turns out he'd been wanting to leave even before the Letterman announcement. He wanted to leave in the summer, but the network convinced him to stay till December so that they can find a replacement. He also stuck around to give his staff enough time to find a job.

He's gonna be hosting a game show type thing this Fall and is gonna be focusing on developing things for his production company.

He never wanted Letterman's job.

• Like 1

He is indeed done with late night TV. Turns out he'd been wanting to leave even before the Letterman announcement. He wanted to leave in the summer, but the network convinced him to stay till December so that they can find a replacement. He also stuck around to give his staff enough time to find a job.

He's gonna be hosting a game show type thing this Fall and is gonna be focusing on developing things for his production company.

He never wanted Letterman's job.

He was the front runner at one point and did seem interested.

He was the frontrunner because there's a clause in his contract that said he would get $10 million if they went with someone else and nobody was sure that CBS would want to pay that. Which also means of course he would act interested because it doesn't make sense for CBS to pay him for it when it's not something he was interested in anyways.

• Like 1

He was the frontrunner because there's a clause in his contract that said he would get $10 million if they went with someone else and nobody was sure that CBS would want to pay that. Which also means of course he would act interested because it doesn't make sense for CBS to pay him for it when it's not something he was interested in anyways.

Bloody hell, $10 million?!

Bloody hell, $10 million?!

I've read it was 6 million, but yea. HE has a clause in his contract that he gets a huge payday if he didn't get Lettermans show

Fox canceled Almost Human...no more Karl Urban on my tv :(

Fox canceled Almost Human...no more Karl Urban on my tv :(

Knew it. Fox has reached the point where their sci-fi is a self-fulfilling prophecy, people won't even try the first season of a sci-fi show on there because it's almost sure to get cancelled, and it's almost sure to get cancelled because people won't watch it because they know it'll get cancelled etc etc. Hopefully someone else picks it up because it was an interesting premise and a good cast.

They've already worked together on American Dad quite regularly.

That hasn't even started over here yet and I was looking forward to it, is it worth bothering now?

On a similar note Skys TV Boxsets on Demand thing has Flash Forward on at the moment, did it actually have an ending? I remember watching it (John Cho had a silly name!) but nothing about the end.

That hasn't even started over here yet and I was looking forward to it, is it worth bothering now?

On a similar note Skys TV Boxsets on Demand thing has Flash Forward on at the moment, did it actually have an ending? I remember watching it (John Cho had a silly name!) but nothing about the end.

Our memories were wiped from the ending, all I remember was it had a guy who pulled a reverse Michael Jackson and went from white to black..

It didn't have a proper ending, they flashed forward 20 years at the end setting up future seasons, but obviously never got a chance to look at them. Shame, because I actually really dug that show, and if the future seasons were going to be anything like the book (which they probably would have been, since the book's flashforward was several years) then it would've made for interesting watching.

Honestly though, I do hope someone adapts the book more directly into a film one day, it'd make for a good'un, and is way more suited for film than TV.

Was John Oliver's show any good?

Yeah, the interview with General Alexander was hilarious. Along with the chat about the Indian Election.