General Television Thread

Hellfire

He does the late late show, right after Letterman (Just like Fallon/Meyers), he's always referred to Letterman as his boss.

Craig Ferguson would be amazing, shut your mouth. :@

He is funny, but the ratings would be terrible and he'd only do worse against Fallon and Kimmell. They need someone with name recongition to replace Letterman.

I get that, but the fact it's already six weeks behind is ridiculous, even more so for stuff like Supernatural that usually airs about 8 months after America.

I think Shameless USA is about two years behind isn't it? Annoying.

Craig Ferguson would be amazing, shut your mouth. :@

He is funny, but the ratings would be terrible and he'd only do worse against Fallon and Kimmell. They need someone with name recongition to replace Letterman.

This.

Ferguson has a very specific audience, which he knows, hence my earlier post about people would know who he is!

If CBS was smart, they would chose somebody polar opposite to the people they've already got and somebody with name value. I actually think the three best options I've heard would be Tina Fey, Neil Patrick Harris or Aisha Tyler, though with a network like CBS that trends older it may not be feasible. I think Jon Stewart and Colbert, two people who are apparently the top contenders, should stay put as I don't think the late night gig would be best. If I worked for CBS and I wanted the show to be a ratings success, I'd bring in Ellen.

Tina Fey would be my first choice but considering she's under contract with Universal TV, I'm not sure how possible it actually is unless the contract runs out by then or they're able to get out of it.

Basically, chances are it will come in-house or be someone with no strong commitments to another studio/network. That's not to say that CBS couldn't force it if they really wanted but with ratings lower across the board, I'm not sure it'd be cost-effective.

I've heard people float around Neil Patrick Harris, which makes sense because he is/was on a CBS show right now and I just can't see the guy continuing on as an actor on TV; he seems like the type of guy who likes to get involved in a lot of different things, so I could see him trying it out. Plus he is funny, personable, and witty.

Do you like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? Well, good news: it'll be around for at least three more seasons.

Also in that link is the announcement that the stars/creators will be producing a series starring Tracey Morgan that will run concurrently with the upcoming season of Always Sunny.

If CBS was smart, they would chose somebody polar opposite to the people they've already got and somebody with name value. I actually think the three best options I've heard would be Tina Fey, Neil Patrick Harris or Aisha Tyler, though with a network like CBS that trends older it may not be feasible. I think Jon Stewart and Colbert, two people who are apparently the top contenders, should stay put as I don't think the late night gig would be best. If I worked for CBS and I wanted the show to be a ratings success, I'd bring in Ellen.

I don't think Ellen's audience would follow her to 11:35pm. She's got the best set-up possible in daytime.

It needs to be someone big, which is why I really doubt Fergusen will get it. Colbert is about as big of a name as they can get. Fey won't do it because she's loyal to NBC and doesn't need it.

Please don't give it to Conan.

Only just got round to watching the April Fool's show of Craig Ferguson, the one hosted by Drew Carey.. I wouldn't mind seeing him host.

Sons and Dexter are good for like, two seasons or so. Dexter has a really great fourth as well. The rest of it is garbage, though.

As for the rest, I've heard good things about Luther, Vikings is supposed to be okay for what it is and Haven is about as good as most SyFy shows get. Which isn't amazing, but if you're into that kind of thing...