General Television Thread

Hellfire

So a year(or two?) ago I was watching NCIS and criminal Minds through netflix and I stopped. Now I want to figure out where I stopped. Is there any place where I can see like brief descriptions of seasons? I'm willing to start at the top of a season but I'm not starting both over.

Watching episode 6 of True Detective

"If you get the opportunity, you should kill yourself."

Rust is harsh!

Edit:

So....I accidentally watched the last three episodes all at once. Oops :shifty:

That was a really good show. I will be sure to watch season 2 week by week, that's for sure.

So a year(or two?) ago I was watching NCIS and criminal Minds through netflix and I stopped. Now I want to figure out where I stopped. Is there any place where I can see like brief descriptions of seasons? I'm willing to start at the top of a season but I'm not starting both over.

Wikipedia should have short episode summaries.

Also, saw this website - http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com - on Reddit today. It takes a TV show you search for and plots the seasons on a graph by IMDB episode ratings. I had heard that the last season of Dexter was bad but jeez, when you look at that on the graphs it's startling.

I liked the Psych series finale, way more than the guy who reviewed it for AVClub. Someone in the comments summed the show up pretty well - people keep watching it for pop culture references and homages, not necessarily for great storytelling. Psych was easily one of my favorite "sit down, turn your brain off for 45 minutes" shows on TV and it's crazy to think it almost went on for a decade.

Also, the Monk reference at the end was cute.

• Like 1

I know Modern Family doesn't get much love around here, but the last part of this week's episode was so unashamedly farcical that I absolutely loved it.

I liked the Psych series finale, way more than the guy who reviewed it for AVClub. Someone in the comments summed the show up pretty well - people keep watching it for pop culture references and homages, not necessarily for great storytelling. Psych was easily one of my favorite "sit down, turn your brain off for 45 minutes" shows on TV and it's crazy to think it almost went on for a decade.

Yea, I laughed my ass off at the Dobson thing. I didn't watch Monk alot, so I didn't get the reference until someone said "I loved the Monk reference at the end"...then I got it

I'm pretty behind on this season so I haven't seen it yet but the guy that reviewed for AV Club was always pretty terrible with it, mostly because he doesn't really respect it at all. He's not nearly as bad as the guy that reviews Teen Wolf, though.

OK, so after seeing it score pretty well in the Top 51 or whatever TV Shows poll that got ran earlier, I saw Parks and Recreation on Amazon Prime and decided to give it a go.

I don't get it. The first six episodes just didn't seem funny, and Amy Poehler's character just annoys me. I occasionally laughed at Aziz Ansari's character but I can't see where all the love is coming from.

It's been taken off Prime now so I can't carry on watching, but is it meant to get better as it goes on, or is the humour just being lost on me?

First season's not that good. Show spends most of its time trying to find its legs. Second season's where it starts getting good.