General Television Thread

Hellfire

For some reason I just knew instinctively what this post would be about and what your opinion of it was. Like, I was like "wait, what's Srar posting about? True Detective? She would hate that show."

• Like 4

I like True Detective from what I've watched of it (I've taken a break after episode 3 to catch up on Justified and other shows), but it's a relentlessly dour show full of assholes and grotesque murder and so on. That's not gonna work for everyone.

Eh, I never really understood why people get truly upset over someone not liking a TV show, especially when it's something as dark and methodical as True Detective that is almost certainly going to polarize the viewer. Different strokes...

GoGo taking a break to watch Justified? Come on, dude. :P

Like I am kinda interested in what the hell happened to Rusty. I mean he seems weird in the flashbacks but he at least looks normal. The present day Rusty looks totally burned out. There is no way I can take more of this to find out though

It's Rust, Srar. He's not a Nascar driver. :lol:

The next two episodes are more of the same with a big hook coming in episode 4 and shit picks up fast from there. I'd recommend sticking with it until the end of that episode, and if it still does nothing for you, then yeah, it's just not your thing. Don't torture yourself over it, though. :P

She's just mishearing the accents, probably. His full name is Rustin but that is not a name I'd ever heard before the show.

Also my one big disappointment is that there will be no turning on Marty in episode two posts.

I forget who is who sometimes but someone is mad at me on twitter for not liking it I guess

:lol: Not mad. Sorry if it came across that way. Like I said, I was probably a bit more curt than I would have liked but that's because I'm trying to work and pay attention to Twitter stuff at the same time.

But yeah, I've mentioned on here before that I don't think one episode or part of one episode is a true indicator of a show's quality and that's why I responded that way. I also sometimes get in trouble because I get annoyed when people make objective statements to reflect their subjectivity on something (i.e. "this is not for me" vs. "this is awful").

I forget who is who sometimes but someone is mad at me on twitter for not liking it I guess

:lol: Not mad. Sorry if it came across that way. Like I said, I was probably a bit more curt than I would have liked but that's because I'm trying to work and pay attention to Twitter stuff at the same time.

But yeah, I've mentioned on here before that I don't think one episode or part of one episode is a true indicator of a show's quality and that's why I responded that way. I also sometimes get in trouble because I get annoyed when people make objective statements to reflect their subjectivity on something (i.e. "this is not for me" vs. "this is awful").

Like I said on twitter I never said it was terrible. I was trying to find out why people thought it was so good.

Like I am kinda interested in what the hell happened to Rusty. I mean he seems weird in the flashbacks but he at least looks normal. The present day Rusty looks totally burned out. There is no way I can take more of this to find out though

It's Rust, Srar. He's not a Nascar driver. :lol:

The next two episodes are more of the same with a big hook coming in episode 4 and shit picks up fast from there. I'd recommend sticking with it until the end of that episode, and if it still does nothing for you, then yeah, it's just not your thing. Don't torture yourself over it, though. :P

I finished. It's not for me. And he'll always be Rusty to me damn it! :P

Is True Detective an anthology style show like AHS, or is it continuous? I read something about next season being two female detectives being the leads and thought it seemed weird if it's a continuous show. I've yet to watch it (waaaaaay too much filling up my box at the minute, really need to delete some stuff), but it's on my "to watch" list.

To be fair, I tend to make objective statements about my subjectivity.

Like Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother are fucking terrible, guys. Just so fucking terrible.

Is True Detective an anthology style show like AHS, or is it continuous? I read something about next season being two female detectives being the leads and thought it seemed weird if it's a continuous show. I've yet to watch it (waaaaaay too much filling up my box at the minute, really need to delete some stuff), but it's on my "to watch" list.

Anthology. You need to push it up on your watchlist, Benji.

But then you also need to watch the latest season of Boardwalk <_<

• Like 1

I hate television in general. True Detective, Eastbound and Down, and Breaking Bad were pretty much all I've reguarly watched over the past 9 months TV show-wise, and they're all gone now. I also watch Suits, but that's more out of habit than anything else these days.