General Television Thread

Hellfire

I mean, Dalton is great and all but Lauren Cohan? Not so much. Not that the season is worthless or anything, it's just clearly the worst of them.

Also, that's Season 4, not 5. :P

Oh yeah Cohan sucks and that role was half of what made me dislike her in the first place. But Dalton and Hamilton more than make up for that. I kind of love seeing Linda Hamilton again, Terminator 2 was a huge part of my childhood so it's cool to see that Sarah Connor kept kicking ass and then became a mum.

Let's stop talking about Chuck's shitty last season and talk about how awesome the new Cosmos is gonna be!

I got to go to a screening of the first episode tonight and oh my god, you guys. It's so great. I love Neil deGrasse Tyson and need more episodes in my life RIGHT NOW.

Can't believe Tkz cut off the True Detective praising to talk about Chuck season 5. Horrible.

On the other hand, I read Cloudy's post before watching the episode, and the whole time I was hoping it was Pancho and Lefty.

But Lungs is just as good! That wasn't the man with the scars, though, right? He didn't look like he had scars. And was the boat at the end supposed to symbolize something?

RE: True Detective, I don't think the boat meant anything. As for the other part of your post,

He had scars on his lower face. I think they made it a point for the sun to obscure them at first, but as the detectives drive away and the lighting changes you can pretty clearly see the scars. The predominant theory is, of course, that this is the killer - he showed up in episode 3 as well, mowing the lawn of the school that Rust was checking out - and ever since then, people have been pretty sure he's the killer they're looking for.

Yeah, it was good. Looking forward to starting on the second episode on probably Monday.

I love Brooklyn Nine-Nine aside from the will they-won't they stuff, which I'm rather tired of on the whole in sitcoms. Andy Samberg and Melissa Fumero do have chemistry though.

• Like 1

Yeah. As a trope I'm a bit tired the will they-won't they stuff too but at least it's clear with Brooklyn Nine-Nine that their two pairings for it have great chemistry. Then again the entire cast does anyways.

TD Talk:

All in all, I thought this was a decent final chapter to a fantastic television show. The tension was very high during the final showdown, and I was satisfied with the ending. I know people are going to knock it for not having some mind-blowing twist at the end, but this was never going to be that type of show. I compare it to how wrestling fans tend to play booker and then criticize the product when it doesn't go exactly the way they feel it should with their theories or whatnot. Satisfying conclusion, with my only knocks being that really weird opening 5 minutes and Rust kinda-sorta finding God. Ready for season 2 already, whatever it'll be about.

Hannibal:

You know, I didn't really like the first episode of the new season of Hannibal. Haven't watched the second episode yet. My main problem was that fight scene at the beginning of the episode that just seemed to drag on forever. Took me out of the mood.

I don't watch Hannibal for fight scenes, I watch it for the dialogue and the awesome serial killers!

TD spoilers

I thought it was a great finale episode. Was watching the scene in Carcosa in between my fingers, it was that suspenseful. Didn't like the way they killed Childress, though, they angle seems impossible as hell, shooting a corner of someone's head off from the ground, while you're seriously wounded. And yes, I'm a sucker for happy endings, so I'm glad that they became so buddy-buddy in the end, and that neither Rust nor Marty died. I don't care if it's not as grim as everybody wanted it to be.

Can't wait to see how they try to top this in Season 2.