General Television Thread

Hellfire

True Detective will be back at some point. 

With Vinyl, I think it came down to creative.  The names they brought in to produce the second season were from really random shows/movies like Minority Report and it just didn't seem like it was going to work. 

Just started watching Deadwood...thoughts on the big event that happened in Episode 4

Spoiler

OH NOES!!!  Not Wild Bill Solverson Lundy!!!  I know nothing about the purported history of the Deadwood camp and thought Seth and Bill would battle Al & Cy for seasons to come. Damn Hooplehead.

Man, I'm like 4 or 5 minutes into the pilot episode of Peaky Blinders, and holy shit, it's Sam Neill! Out of anybody in the world I thought would be on this period drama about a street gang in 1920's Birmingham, England, fucking Sam Neill?! This is the best.

Silicon Valley and Veep were both excellent. I do have a question about Veep though:

Spoiler

Where do we go from here? Selina's not the VP. She's not the president. She's not even involved in politics anymore. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop to return us to status quo (it seemed like they were trying to hint at Montez not being a legal US citizen), but.. that never happened. So now what? Do we follow the same cast as they try to get new jobs, work with new people, and pick up the pieces? Or will episode 1 of next season bring them all right back into the fold?

Spoiler

didn't The Eagle say at the very end of the episode that they found the missing ballots and Selina won Nevada? EP Mandel says that's just a little in-joke for people that loved the Eagle character, but I think it might play a part in S6.

If not, the first thing that came to my mind was them parodying George W. Bush and having her find her "calling" in painting (horribly).

Veep spoilers

45 minutes ago, tristy said:
  Hide contents

didn't The Eagle say at the very end of the episode that they found the missing ballots and Selina won Nevada? EP Mandel says that's just a little in-joke for people that loved the Eagle character, but I think it might play a part in S6.

If not, the first thing that came to my mind was them parodying George W. Bush and having her find her "calling" in painting (horribly).

Veep spoilers

Spoiler

They could go that way. Honestly, I have absolutely no clue what a season six looks like, and that would have been a really great series finale. But they've earned my goodwill with this season 5, so.

• Like 1