General Television Thread

Hellfire

Half way through season two of Modern Family and absolutely loving it. Don't know what episode I saw that put me off all those years ago but it must have been a one off or something.

S2E13

Spoiler

The bit at the end where the kids buy Phil and Claire a lock for their door so they won't walk in on them having sex, only to make it almost as bad because the lock makes a loud sound every time they use it :lol:

I really found that Modern Family drops off in the third season. The resolution and subsequent swerve to the big story line in season 3 always felt like a "jump the shark" moment to me. 

I remember I watched the first episode of season 3 and was like "no, I see where this is headed and I'm watching enough already." I think I've probably missed some really good stuff but I'm still okay with having cut bait there.

9 hours ago, Lars Mulder said:

I'm always so damn late to parties...just started watching Orphan Black, love it so far!

I started (and finished) season 1 a few days ago. Thought the premise was unique if not a little cheesy, but I was won over pretty quickly by Tatiana Maslany's performance(s).

Also started season 4 of Orange is the New Black and I'm enjoying it a lot more than 3 which seemed... directionless and boring. Really liking the characters that have been focused on so far.

• Like 1

Is that the Dude Ranch episode? That wasn't season 4? I remember the first two seasons of Modern Family being some of the best comedy TV ever, can't remember if season 3 was good too. The amazing side of Modern Family ended in Hawaii, anyway, so basically I'd always recommend to stop watching after that.

Watched the entire season of Voltron: Legendary Defender. Started off a teensy bit sloppy, but my god did it come together by the middle of the season, and that penultimate episode and finale was absolutely fucking amazing. So many story threads and plots seamlessly threaded into one big amazing action sequence, it's an absolutely incredible ride. I'm still riding on the high of the finale, because, holy fucking shit, that was incredible. It's done so well, and I love the show knows that it's in its infancy and is going at the right pace for these characters, because they have so much room to grow. I cannot wait for season 2.

7 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

Is that the Dude Ranch episode? That wasn't season 4? I remember the first two seasons of Modern Family being some of the best comedy TV ever, can't remember if season 3 was good too. The amazing side of Modern Family ended in Hawaii, anyway, so basically I'd always recommend to stop watching after that.

Dude Ranch is season 3. Cam and Mitchell are taking lots of butch photos for the adoption. 

23 hours ago, Damian WayLNKe said:

The current Jonah Ryan story in Veep is amazing.  Peter MacNicol is killing it.

THIS IS AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

Oh, also, the glimpse into Kent's personal life is amazing.

Edited by Cloudy