General Television Thread

Hellfire

Seems likely. The statement given by ABC Studios & CBS Productions was that his contract for the series was terminated, and that a future exit storyline for the character is still "to be determined".

Anyone been watching HBOs miniseries The Night of? Truly the MVP of this Summer by far and the best thing on TV this year so far. Great acting, great cast, great writing, check it out if you haven't yet.

The Suzanne flashbacks in OITNB S4E11 are going to make me curl up in a ball. I know where this is going and nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

EDIT: Oh god, no. No, I didn't.

And the Henry Rollins-looking guard might be the most irredeemably evil human being on the show, which is both surprising because there have only been a couple and yet I also didn't think those ones could be topped.

Just rewatched Transparent and it is a great show. A lot of shows try to tread in the greys these days, where they try to make these characters who walk the balance between being likeable but also where they are complex characters doing morally ambiguous things. But so many of the shows seem phoney because they make the characters do dumb things that just don't make sense. Transparent is great because nobody does anything dumb headed that is out of character - sometimes they do awful things, but it always come from a real place in the story and not contrived drama to move a plot forward. 

• Like 2

The Nightly Show's been cancelled by Comedy Central, last episode airs this Thursday. 

“They really have been doing great work in terms of creating a stable of contributors who fill the show with comedy bits and takes on what’s going on — all driven by Larry’s very strong and unique point of view,” Alterman said. “But unfortunately, it hasn’t been resonating with our audience; it’s been struggling for quite a while as far as connecting with our audience. We stuck with it for a year and a half but ultimately we didn’t feel that we see enough traction to justify doing another year.”

http://deadline.com/2016/08/the-nightly-show-with-larry-wilmore-canceled-comedy-central-1201803127/

Yeah, I think if you were going to place your bets on who was going to go out first in the Daily Show War of Spiritual Succession it was going to be Wilmore. Nightly Show just never clicked for me. Hopefully Mike Yard lands somewhere good.

• Like 1

The Night Of = show of the year. One more episode to go, idk if anyone here watches it, but please do so. Anyone that is a fan of the art of television, the writing, the acting, the cinematography, you will enjoy this show.

• Like 3

Just now, Benji said:
  Hide contents

Dat penultimate episode. See it coming from a mile off and still felt like I'd been shot.

Spoiler

Kept telling myself they wouldn't. Literally had to take a minute afterwards, lost for words.

Going from that into the Finale though, with the increasing coming together of Spaghettigeddon, and with every extra 'layer' put into that, I nearly died laughing.

No idea where they go from here really, but goddamn am I excited to find out, already.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Oh God, yeah, that final episode was just like "we reminded you that you're not quite dead inside yet by killing what you thought was the last thing left inside of you... now here's some fun spaghetti bullshit we have spent the entire season building to without you knowing!".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

Dat penultimate episode. See it coming from a mile off and still felt like I'd been shot.

Spoiler

I love that they teased it in the motel -- they're aware enough that their audience will expect it, and then it almost feels like we'll get a slightly redemptive ending and instead we get that

BoJack S3 really was phenomenal throughout. 

• Like 2