General Television Thread

Hellfire

On 9/20/2016 at 13:03, Moses Julep said:

The Good Place is wonderful. 

Yes, it is. Heidi I believe that, at the end 

The monk put the note under her door.

NCIS New Orleans had its season premiere, and I am not happy AT ALL. They wrote Brody out of the show, and I'm hoping its temporary. The actress they replaced Zoe McLellan with was on CSI NY and I didn't like on it.  (Was glad when she left) So why would I like her on this, where her character is more antagonistic? 

If you watched CSI NY when it started, its the actress that played Aiden on it.

Edited by GhostMachine

I didn't think it was worth making a new topic but does anyone here use NOW TV? I'm trying to cut down on costs and figured dumping Sky would be the easiest way but was hoping to find someone who has it already and help me decide if it's a good idea.

Honestly I use Sky mostly for the sports channels and kids for my daughter. The convenience of Sky is annoying. Looking into it, I would be able to use my SkyHD Box for FreeSat and then the Xbox One for NOW TV. Wouldn't bother me but might be more of a pain for my fiance. Also how would I get access to BT Sport via the TV? Can that still be accessed via the Sky Box and satellite without a Sky subscription? So many questions...

Holy shit the Vice Principals finale. Wow. I'm sorry to see that it will only be going for one more season cause I love dynamic of the show in general. And what a way to close out the season...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Benji said:

I think the first episode of Red Dwarf XI might be the first time that I haven't laughed at the show even once. It wasn't bad, just not funny.

My wife took the bullet and watched it, I won't be touching it with a shitty stick. For all that people talk of the decline of the Simpsons and other shows, there really isn't a more obvious drop off in tv than 'one of the two writers leaves after six series, everything after is utter dogshit'.

On 9/24/2016 at 22:50, Colly said:

My wife took the bullet and watched it, I won't be touching it with a shitty stick. For all that people talk of the decline of the Simpsons and other shows, there really isn't a more obvious drop off in tv than 'one of the two writers leaves after six series, everything after is utter dogshit'.

:(

RD is my favourite show of all time. The first two series is some of the best TV I will ever see. The last series wasn't too bad, I enjoyed it but it really has dipped.

Also, this is my favourite scene:

• Like 1

Honestly, I know series beyond VII haven't been great, but I've still liked them. Even coming back from a decade it was still okay, but that episode was just totally unfunny. Not in a "this is painful way", just in a "none of this is landing at all" way. Plus it suffers from that awful thing BBC does with sitcoms where every other line has a laugh track.

• Like 1

Nelsan Ellis - probably best known as Lafayette on True Blood - is joining the cast of Elementary this season. He's playing a recently released ex-con named Shinwell Johnson who reconnects with Watson, and causes friction between the Sherlock/Watson dynamic. Season 5 premieres this Sunday on CBS.

Here's a behind the scenes video of the season premiere in which the cast and crew discuss it (minor premiere spoilers, I think, so watch at your own risk).

• Like 1

On 9/26/2016 at 16:00, Benji said:

Honestly, I know series beyond VII haven't been great, but I've still liked them. Even coming back from a decade it was still okay, but that episode was just totally unfunny. Not in a "this is painful way", just in a "none of this is landing at all" way. Plus it suffers from that awful thing BBC does with sitcoms where every other line has a laugh track.

I would like the option of having no laugh track. It cant be that tricky, right?