EWB's Favourite 102 Artists for 2009!

YI

6. FAITH NO MORE (234pts - 9 | 8 | 8 | 6 | 5 | 3)

1418317.jpg

PLACE LAST YEAR: #42

STUDIO ALBUMS: 6

...: ...

5. NINE INCH NAILS (245pts - 10 | 9 | 6 | 5 | 3 | 1 | 1)

nine%20inch%20nails%202.jpg

PLACE LAST YEAR: #8

STUDIO ALBUMS: 7

...: ...

Bah, the blandness of NIN. I think FNM will be the highest ranked artist I voted/care for now, so it'll be a case f seeing if Muse come top or not now.

EDIT: Oh, wait, we haven't had Metallica yet have we? Nice.

Edited by TheModernWay

Fucking cunts. THom yorkew has a sense of humour, just his lyrics take a backseat to the music itselkf. And myxomatosis isn't experimental? HA! It's one of the more experimental alongside wolf at the door (itgirl.ragdoll). His live shows show he has humour, just he doesn't deal with one on ones veryh well and well I'm not very with it and will post a more structured argument tomorrow but if you were to follow his stuff, blanket statements like "miserable bastard" wouldn;t really sit well, especially from you skummy since you love the smiths so much. I figufred you'd see past the down hearted lyrics.

It might be experimental, but it sounds like a flight of stairs falling down a flight of stairs.

The Smiths aren't just miserable, though - Moz's lyrics are absurd, often tongue-in-cheek and very often incredibly funny.

Now I'm in a better state to debate >_>. But yeah, I'm surprised that you aren't even a fan of stuff like Karma Police, Street Spirit, Creep, The Bends, No Surprises. And whilst Thom Yorke's lyrics aren't really comedic, some of the stuff is pretty insightful and observational. I was more attacking the statement that he's a miserable cunt, which isn't really true because he comes out of his shell quite a bit when doing live shows. That's all I can be bothered debating because I can see this turning into "my bands better than your band".

4. THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM (258pts - 9 | 9 | 8 | 8 | 6 | 3)

l_46dc27d2744c4d23a6791966a963fb80.jpg

PLACE LAST YEAR: #4

STUDIO ALBUMS: 2

QUOTE: But if there is someone to be compared to – he’s [bruce Springsteen] not a bad person at all to be compared to. It’s the Killers ones that piss me off. I’ve seen that a couple times and that makes me mad. Those guys are a bunch of fucking corndicks.

3. MUSE (315pts - 10 | 9 | 7 | 7 | 4 | 4 | 4)

muse-gal-qawards.jpg

PLACE LAST YEAR: #1

STUDIO ALBUMS: 5

JAZZ CLUB: ...nice

Gaslight is another victim of being overhyped. I have five or six NIN albums, love them (sidenote: lol @ guy who likes Nickelback calling anything "bland"). Muse is OK, I like uhm.. Absolution I guess it is. I like Mike Patton a lots.

I know. Seeing as EWB was the first place I ever heard of them and all the pining and the hype here is what got me to check them out.. I was pretty disappointed.

I do have to agree with the blandness of NIN. I love With Teeth and certain older tracks and I planned on seeing them on their NINJA tour before my ex put a spanner in the works for that. But on the whole, I just can't really get to grips with most of their stuff. Muse are brilliant and deserve their high ranking. Gaslight don't surprise me for being there, and I'm glad they are this high as they are one of my top five bands, but it's expected on EWB due to YI's pimping. Absolutely brilliant band though that are bloody good live, write some cracking songs and you can dance your face off to a lot of songs or reflect on lost loves with songs like Blue Jeans or Here's Looking at you Kid.

Fuck metallica.

• Like 1

Faith No More?! Couldn't tell you a single song they've written.

I would guess you'll almost certainly have heard Epic before, with a lesser possibility of From Out of Nowhere or We Care a Lot.

Metallica's early stuff was fan-dabi-dozi (essentiallyanything pre-The Black album), they seem to get a lot of flack from the dreary indie lot (hi Jouzy!). They've completely lost hte plot in recent years though.

Who the fuck compared Gaslight to the Killers, how does that work?