EWB's Favourite 102 Artists for 2009!

YI

You'd probably have heard a fair few songs without even realising, buddy.

Could be. Now that I think about it, I've heard Bowie's duet with Jagger, "Dancing In The Streets". And Nirvana's cover of "The Man Who Sold The World". But that's about it.

And I'm not your buddy, guy.

You'd probably have heard a fair few songs without even realising, buddy.

Could be. Now that I think about it, I've heard Bowie's duet with Jagger, "Dancing In The Streets". And Nirvana's cover of "The Man Who Sold The World". But that's about it.

And I'm not your buddy, guy.

I'm not your guy, friend.

You probably have heard 'Changes' in some way, shape or form.

Oasis finishes higher than Blur. 21st ain't fan-dabi-dozi compared to 5th, but something is right in the world.

Wrong with the world, don't you mean? Blur kill Oasis in every way shape or form....until they went and tried to be a bit too experimental, that's when I got bored.

Nah, Blur always seemed like they should have had a female lead singer. They're good fun music that you love to listen to drunk but are rather annoying when you're sober.

And I agree, that's Oasis. I don't hate Oasis as much as most (quite like them), but still, they're a definite 'drunken sing-song' band who I rarely listen to sober, whereas Blur I tend to quite a bit.

9. MASTODON (144pts - 10 | 10 | 8 | 8)

mastodon1.jpg

PLACE LAST YEAR: n/a (weird I thought they were on last year)

STUDIO ALBUMS: 4

EUGH: ...

Edited by YI

On the Blur vs. Oasis front, I have to say Pulp. Oasis are utterly dreadful, and I don't much care for Blur - their early stuff is too "Mockney" to really appeal to me, while the later stuff is playing lip service to "experimental" music but just sounds like naff Radiohead B-sides. They're not bad, but I've never heard anything by them that would make me want to rush out and buy anything by them. Oasis, on the other hand...I can't think of a band in history less deserving of the level of success they achieved.

Anyway, on with the list. I'm not surprised to see Mastodon make the list, as I know they have a lot of fans on here, I am surprised that they made it quite this high. I'll freely admit that I don't know that much about them, but the last album was superb, and I saw them live last year (pretty much by mistake, I ended up at the front row because my friends were there, I didn't have anything else to do, and the Melvins were on after them, so I stuck around) and they blew me away. Really phenomenal live performers.