UFC 2010

9 to 5

Gah, I really friggin' hope that I can have someone else pick this up for me. :(

I don't see why not so long as they have the 20 bucks to pay the remainder off and the pre-order receipt.

Problem is - the store that I go to pretty much eliminated the idea of using a receipt and they don't even give them to me anymore because of their database and the degree to which I know the manager there. Eh, I'll give it a shot. I guess Thursday isn't THAT far away.

Screw you all that already have this. And while I'm at it, fuck Canada and it's stupid Victoria Day causing my EB to be closed, and thus, no midnight release :crying:

Come 10am tomorrow morning, I will be kicking your asses for getting it first. :shifty:

EDIT: And who's fucking bright idea at THQ was it to make it so the only option to get out of a sub is to shine. I just tore my hand open on the god damn right analog stick. :bang:

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Problem is - the store that I go to pretty much eliminated the idea of using a receipt and they don't even give them to me anymore because of their database and the degree to which I know the manager there. Eh, I'll give it a shot. I guess Thursday isn't THAT far away.

If it's a Gamestop then you can have someone else pick it up for you. Before I could drive, my mom would pick my games up for me on her way from work because she goes past the Gamestop I go to. It was never a problem and usually she didn't have the receipt.

Mine probably came this morning, since I remember the doorbell ringing, but I went back to sleep instead of answering the door so ... yeah ... fuck me and my laziness.

I am not sure if I like career mode so far. I am only three fights in, but I find it annoying that my stats can decrease so early in my career. I can barely improve my stats at all. Also, I still can't submit people using the "shine". I had no problem mashing buttons, but this new technique screws me up.

Yeah I'm not sure how to keep my stats from decreasing. other than That I love career mode. Especially watching the prefight videos before a big ppv. Create A Fighter seems to be better but something feels missing. The faces to choose from sucks wish the facial morphing was back.

The fighting system feels fine tuned and polished still trying to learn the sway system. overall and Excellent game

Yeah I'm not sure how to keep my stats from decreasing. other than That I love career mode. Especially watching the prefight videos before a big ppv. Create A Fighter seems to be better but something feels missing. The faces to choose from sucks wish the facial morphing was back.

The fighting system feels fine tuned and polished still trying to learn the sway system. overall and Excellent game

I wish they had premade fighters like in 2009. I don't have the patience to go through all the sliders to adjust an eyebrow.

I don't think they have those sliders anymore(if its there I sure missed it) Is there any other way of getting the gamestop pre-ordered characters without connecting the ps3 online(I have no way of hooking the ps3 up)

Supposedly the strategy guide has a code to unlock Shaq and some other fighters. Don't know if its real or not

I think I've found out a way to at least slow down stat decay. At the start get the main stats you want to 30 when they get to 30 the stop decaying until you raise your level then you have to get the stats to 50 to stop decay.

It seems like a bitch at first but this way you can't create monster cafs.

1) but I WANT a monster CAF haha.

2) Big Country has the crucifix, but I don't think it tells you how to get there in the actions list. I was in side control on the defensive left, then held LB and did a minor transition going up and to the right. Brock never stood a chance.

3) Anyone try the Shaq code yet? I haven't been able to get it to work, but that's pretty much par for the course considering the TUF fighter pack codes. Hopefully it'll all get sorted out soon and then I'll have Shaq!

Anyone else find it absolutely stupid how shitty they make your guy to begin his career. Dana White's 3 year old throws faster punches, you gas out and sweat like Shaq on the foul line in no time, and don't even get me into stat decay. How in the FUCK am I supposed to add points to every category and manage quarter-decent stats when after every fight, something drops 10 points and I find 3-4 stats at fucking 2. Maybe I'm missing something here, but losing my first 3 fights due to these things is annoying as hell.

And do we have to learn fucking reversals somewhere or something? I haven't been able to make a single reversal in my career despite nearly having it downpat in exibition.

</rant>

you think stat decay is fast during the beginning years . I think it get's faster as you get old. my caf is now 36 years ol and I swear I raise a stat after a fight it's down double what I put in to it. I need a good sparring session and maybe I can get my punch offense and defense up to 50 then It should drop until the next level but getting to 50 is tough.

the past two years I have only won 2 fights. Before turning 35 I had a good streak going on. I've been focusing all my time on not letting my stats decay that I've only had a chance to learn 2 moves from the camps.

Speaking of camps I like how they have them set up now,lot easier than last year.

I also like how Joe and Mike will talk about your past fights. My first fight upon joining UFC was Kimbo. I knocked him out with only a minute left in the third round. A year later we had a rematch. they mention that Kimbo will surely be looking for revenge from the previous fight. As soon as they mention it bam! down goes Kimbo. During the middle of next year fought him again and they played it up as the final match in the trilogy and again history repeats itself KO!!.

The after fight interviews are a nice change of pace.

just got screwed in my match against Brock.First round he demolished me almost knocking me out twice. 2nd round he comes out and spams the takedown and tries to pound me out but I keep escaping and getting in a few bursts of strikes here and there. 3rd round I kept his takedowns at bay and bloodies him up. So it goes to the judges,before it's announced they show Brock and his team slumped down as if they no they've lost and my guy and corner are jumping around celebrating. Judges give Brock the 1st and 3rd round 2nd round was 28/28. Guess my guy will learn not to celebrate to soon lol.

I have another question about DLC. if I take my game to a friends house that has PS3 connected online can I download the fighters and transfer them to a thumb drive?

I wish I had read Doc's post about the 30/50/70 stat level to beat the decay before I chalked up a 0-5 record. Now, after much irritation of trying to bear with shitty stats and work them up to the 'safety mark', I've managed an astounding record of 1-9 :bang:

But on the bright side, I snapped my 9 loss streak, and I refuse to let it get to double digits. I've got everything at 30 now, except for Standing Strikes Offense which I've got up to 50 now, and I'm working on the standing strike defense next. Must say though, definitely felt gratifying getting my first win after all this nonsense :shifty:

EDIT: Scratch that. 1-10 :bang: :bang:

EDIT 2: Thank you to the judges for giving me my 2nd win. That is all. :shifty:

EDIT 3: Now thats more like it. I lost one before the one the judges gave me, which brang me to 2-11. I'm now up to 7-11, the beast is out :shifty:

EDIT 4: Lucky win number 7 brings me up to the UFC. Seems intimidating to face names I recognize for once. Options were Alan Belcher, Wilson Gouveia & Dan Miller, and I'm opting to go for Belcher for my UFC debut. *crosses fingers*

EDIT 5: Fucking Belcher with a damn headkick KO at 4:10 of the 3rd, bullshit. 50 seconds later, I would of had it won by the judges. (EDIT 6: Gouveia was my next fight, and he got a taste of my headkicks - 8 seconds into the third round ;) Got my rematch with Belcher)

EDIT 7: Who's the bitch now Belcher