The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Eh, maybe not. Faulk and Maroney really aren't comparable as to what they bring to that offense.

Very true, however you've not got Fred Taylor aaaaaaannnnddd ......... Benjarivs Green-Ellis and Sammy Morris left in your backfield

different skill sets or not, I'd much rather have Taylor and Maroney than Taylor and "those guys"

True but they've had "those guys" for like the past three years and while they haven't led the league in rushing, they've still had a decent enough running attack where it wasn't a huge hole in the offense. And I mean, Maroney's been on the team but they've hardly relied on his production the past two seasons.

Still, I'd think they'll be looking up and down team's Practice Squads in the coming weeks, trying to find someone who is more similar to Faulk.

True but they've had "those guys" for like the past three years and while they haven't led the league in rushing, they've still had a decent enough running attack where it wasn't a huge hole in the offense. And I mean, Maroney's been on the team but they've hardly relied on his production the past two seasons.

Still, I'd think they'll be looking up and down team's Practice Squads in the coming weeks, trying to find someone who is more similar to Faulk.

The point was they traded a live body for nothing, and then just lost one of the few guys they had left right afterwards. It's not easy to find decent RBs in the middle of the season, especially when teams don't really respect your running game anyway. The Giants probably don't want to deal with that primadonna Brandon Jacobs, but if they get rid of him and Bradshaw gets hurt then they have no running game to fall back on.

Yeah ...

If it were anyone other than the Pats I think the situation would be worse. Over the last 5-10 years NOBODY has "plugged and played" guys better than they have. They don't need a bad ass to get their running game to be effective enough.

You're right though, they do need to find another body that has any tangible worth.

To me, it seemed Faulk was a third down back and short yardage receiver. Green-Ellis and Taylor don't fit that role, and Maroney didn't either. I can see Morris doing it, or at least until he gets hurt for the 29th time.

I'm hoping to see more of Green-Ellis and what he can do. Maroney was ok, but became obvious he wasn't gonna work out in Foxboro

EDIT: Maroney's replacement on the roster is Danny Woodhead, who is the NCAA's leading rusher of all time in any division. Came out of some D2 school a few years back, never got much an opportunity with the Jets.

Edited by Lowerdeck

The Philadelphia Eagles have received numerous calls about the availability of quarterback Kevin Kolb from several teams, according to a senior team official.

"We have had calls," the team official said Wednesday.

When asked Wednesday whether Kolb would be on the Eagles' roster after the Oct. 19 trade deadline, Eagles coach Andy Reid said, "Listen, I can't predict anything down that far; nobody in this league can do that."

Kolb has missed the past six quarters because of a concussion, and Michael Vick played well in his absence. Kolb was cleared to practice and was expected to run the first-team offense Wednesday.

However, Tuesday night, Vick was named the Eagles' starting quarterback, with Reid saying, "When someone is playing at the level Michael Vick is playing, you have to give him an opportunity."

Vick came on in relief of Kolb after Kolb suffered a concussion in a 27-20 season-opening loss to Green Bay.

Vick threw for 175 yards and one touchdown and ran for 103 yards, and this past Sunday he passed for 284 yards and two touchdowns in the Eagles' victory over the Detroit Lions.

Sal Paolantonio covers the NFL for ESPN. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Interesting...trade him and hope Vick doesn't get injured and we have to rely on Kafka?

EDIT: Maroney's replacement on the roster is Danny Woodhead, who is the NCAA's leading rusher of all time in any division. Came out of some D2 school a few years back, never got much an opportunity with the Jets.

FUCK YEAH !

I hope he actually gets some form of real chance to show what he can do.

Getting rid of Kolb would be so stupid. Vick's a guy who puts himself in danger of injury more than any other QB since McNabb's prime. The Eagles went down that road before, they would be smart to keep a strong backup. Furthermore, do 6 quarters really serve as validation that Vick is the answer? Same, do 2 quarters show that Kolb is not?

Of course the answers are both "no" ... but we all know that none of that is what is really the case here. Everybody knows that "no" is the answer to both of them.

In the NFL, what matters, is who is going to give you the best shot to win this weekend, period. Vick is hot and not coming off of a concussion. Kolb is still an unknown and is coming off of a concussion. Easy decision really. Outside of those two factors, this is a chance for a the streaking Vick to steal you another win against a "lesser" defense without risking your "franchise" guy coming off the concussion. I really, really don't see how this is even an issue.

This is a prime example of what we call stupid and completely unnecessary bullshit.

Yeah, no way Philly trades Kolb unless they get a blown-away trade offer. You don't get rid of your franchise quarterback for this guy, and turn around and trade him three weeks into the season. I honestly think if Philly were playing the Giants or Cowboys, Kolb would be starting. But playing against the Jaguars, they figure Vick can lead them to victory, allowing Kolb to rest up another week.

Double post, but meh. I ran into an old friend today at lunch. He is a diehard Colts fan, and I asked him of Draft Day 1998. I had a group of friends over to watch the draft and he showed up about an hour late. When he walked in, he asked which quarterback Indy had taken and when we told him Manning, and that the Chargers had selected Leaf, he began swearing and threw his hat and kicked it in a tantrum. He claims to not remember that.