The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

What Sanchez incident? I don't remember ever seeing anything about it.

I have to admit, this is the first I've heard about this Sanchez incident. When was this?

I'm on via mobile right now so I'll leave it for you to Google. It was while he was at USC. He was suspended for alcohol related violation of school policy I believe.

Times are tough in the NFL when you have to choose to root for teams who are led by rapists (allegedly), dog killers, formerly vicodin addicted dick pic texting attention whores who won't retire, guys who've never met an endorsement they haven't liked and are supremely overexposed, whoever is being trotted out on the bottom half of the QB treadmill, God's true son Timmy Christ, or a pussy like Donovan McNabb :shifty:

Edited by naiwf

What's wrong with Timmy Christ? :angry:

As for me, I'm pulling for Packers-or-Bust. I don't like the majority of the Steeler fans I know. I don't care for Rex Ryan. And I obviously don't want to see Cutler win a Super Bowl before Denver does. So that leaves A-Rod and the Pack, by default, though I really don't mind Rodgers.

What I find amazing is that at the beginning of the year Peter King, head writer of Sports ILlustrated, picked Green Bay and Pittsburgh to meet in the Super Bowl. I've had Sports Illustrated for years, and they never seem to get a championship prediction right, especially something as unpredictable as the NFL's Super Bowl (as opposed to the NBA where you know it will come down to a combination of 4 or 5 teams).

That being said, I don't think it will ultimately happen. I do think the Packers are going to knock off the Bears, but I won't be surprised if Chicago pulls out the win. As a Jets fan I'm going to be rooting for the Bears because I fear the Packers a bit more. But I'm going to predict the Jets keep this hot streak rolling and beat Pittsburgh something like 17-13. Rex Ryan calls winning in Indy then in New England and then in Pittsburgh "Mission Impossible." That's a great term because that's honestly what it felt like, even as a fan of the team. Now they have us believing it can be done...which would sadly make the possible heart-break even worse.

I'd be love the story of a Jets/Packers Super Bowl. The Pack going on the road all three games to beat the Eagles, Falcons, and Bears, and the Jets going on the road to beat the Colts, Patriots, and Steelers (can't stand Ryan, but what a hell of an achievement that'd be).

And I think he (owner, Pat Bowlen) already knows the error of his ways, Powerhart. That's why he hired Elway. So he'd have someone to blame when we continue to stink. <_<

I want the Packers to win so that I can have a hearty "told you so" with people who bashed Rodgers his first two years as Green Bay's starter. I knew the kid could play, and he's backing me up on this.

Also, you'll never see me root for Pittsburgh (shock of the century) or the loudmouth Jets. And I really don't like Jay Cutler.

As a Patriots fan, I'm bummed that we lost but we played like shit and the play calling was atrocious. Simply outplayed by the Jets. I'm actually going to be rooting for them because I hate everyone else far more. Big Ben and Cutler seem like douchebags, for two entirely different reasons and I just plain don't like the Packers so I'm firmly behind Rex and company.

I also enjoyed Bart Scotts' wrestling promo on the last page.

I'd be love the story of a Jets/Packers Super Bowl. The Pack going on the road all three games to beat the Eagles, Falcons, and Bears, and the Jets going on the road to beat the Colts, Patriots, and Steelers (can't stand Ryan, but what a hell of an achievement that'd be).

And I think he (owner, Pat Bowlen) already knows the error of his ways, Powerhart. That's why he hired Elway. So he'd have someone to blame when we continue to stink. <_<

That is exactly what my dad said, he's a die-hard Broncos fan. He said Elway was gonna end up being the scapegoat to his bad decisions.

I believe it happened when he was 19, at USC. I'd be surprised if Chase was referring to that at all, being that he usually just lumps Ben in as a QB who hasn't committed rape.

According to the court of law, he hasn't. I thought we were innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Why does the Roethlisberger thing keep coming up? It seems like it's every week in here. Everyone who's not a complete Steelers homer knows he's a complete sleaze, scumbag and sexual deviant and those who are complete Steelers homers blindly defend him despite the overwhelming evidence.

It's a never ending circle, can't it just be put to bed? I'm officially rooting for the one-time rapist on Sunday then, opposed to the serial rapist under center at Pittsburgh.

What evidence?

There's just as much evidence to indicate that the drunk girl and her friends made the whole thing up. And zero physical evidence that she and Ben did anything at all.

That will be the last thing I say about the topic as long as people stop bringing it up.

• Like 3

You know, if you're a Steelers fan and you like Big Ben, that's all fine and well. But to dismiss the allegations against him as nothing but the lies of a drunk girl, that's just bordering on deplorable, and it's the exact kind of attitude that enables Ben to keep putting himself in situations where he gets accused of such things.

Chase, this year you took homerism to a despicable low that shows your hero worship comes before your morals. It's one thing to be a fan of a team or a player, it's another to purport that they're infallible, which is exactly what your pathetic defense of Roethlisberger is. That defense makes you come off as sad man with some seriously messed up priorities.

I'll end it on the exact same thing I said back when the allegations first surfaced and people quickly dismissed it as a girl attempting to get money off a famous athlete. There's hundreds of other equally famous athletes who frequent bars in their free time, and yet they don't have repeated allegations of sexual assault levied against them. How utterly strange that Roethlisberger seems to be the only one who does.

• Like 5

As a Patriots fan, I'm bummed that we lost but we played like shit and the play calling was atrocious. Simply outplayed by the Jets.

qft

I found it hillarious when Ryan talked about how he lost the coaching battle when everyone else is saying the reverse.

You know, if you're a Steelers fan and you like Big Ben, that's all fine and well. But to dismiss the allegations against him as nothing but the lies of a drunk girl, that's just bordering on deplorable, and it's the exact kind of attitude that enables Ben to keep putting himself in situations where he gets accused of such things.

But acting like the guy is a convicted criminal when no charges were even filed is completely kosher right?

Why is this a society that is so quick to pass judgment? Someone accuses someone of something and they are immediately guilty, no matter how little factual evidence there is.

Chase, this year you took homerism to a despicable low that shows your hero worship comes before your morals. It's one thing to be a fan of a team or a player, it's another to purport that they're infallible, which is exactly what your pathetic defense of Roethlisberger is. That defense makes you come off as sad man with some seriously messed up priorities.

I have never said the guy is infallible. I believe I also called him out for allowing alcohol to get him into these kinds of situations.

Where I differ from the rest of you is that I do not find it funny, nor do I find it ethical to continually act like a guy who has never even been charged with a crime, is guilty.

No one wants to look into the circumstances or bring up the facts of the case. It's easier to just say "lol, rapistberger" and be done with it. But the second someone tries to be the dissenting voice and point out that the guy wasn't even charged with a crime, that someone is immediately "despicable" or "pathetic."

What's truly despicable is the way people are so quick to convict a guy, regardless of evidence. This is a country where you are innocent until proven guilty but instead of holding ourselves to that standard, it's easier and it's more fun to take the tabloid mentality and immediately assume a guy is guilty.

I've done it in the past too, but I won't do it again.

I'll end it on the exact same thing I said back when the allegations first surfaced and people quickly dismissed it as a girl attempting to get money off a famous athlete. There's hundreds of other equally famous athletes who frequent bars in their free time, and yet they don't have repeated allegations of sexual assault levied against them. How utterly strange that Roethlisberger seems to be the only one who does.

That proves nothing. Is it questionable? Absolutely.

Is it entirely out of the realm of possibility that Ben did something wrong? Of course not. But is it also entirely plausible that nothing illegal took place (outside of underage girls drinking, which isn't Ben's fault.)? Yes.

Anyone who takes the time to truly look at the case objectively will see that there is nothing more than the flimsiest of evidence to say that Ben did something illegal. But that doesn't matter because it's much more fun to just label him a rapist and be done with it.

Good. This is a debate we haven't had before. Big Ben's rape allegations have never been touched on here before by you or anyone else here. Thanks for keeping this place great Chase.

Why am I being blamed? I didn't bring this up.

Edited by Evil Chase K
  • Like 1

Because you can't shut up about it and will always try to get the last word when someone brings it up.

Maybe it shouldn't be brought up anymore.

Is it really that hard to ignore a post and move onto the next? Sounds a lot easier than writing an essay that nobody will actually read properly and just start an argument that will never ever be resolved.