UFC News and Discussion Thread

I hate that it's here in England. Because 1) If I'd paid attention to UFC for the past few months I may have been able to get a group to go, since I know a fair few fans from school.

and 2) We don't get it free tomorrow.

Still, here's to hoping for BJ Penn (Y)

It's "free" now on Setanta. (Y)

...Or is there a reason why you're not watching it now?

As in... free if you have Setanta? Which I don't?

I flicked on now and I'm watching the opening stuff... but.. I don't have Setanta - so it won't cut off in 10 minutes will it? ¬_¬

Ugh.

I'm with Virgin Media, so we get Setanta free. So yeah, it probably will cut out. :shifty:

Well I'm quite glad since I can't watch it that it's not a stellar card or night it seems.

Although if they wanted to drag it out longer they should have Karo Parisyan on emergency stand by to fight, he'll get 15 minutes of fighting done. Give him a title match and we'll make it 25 minutes :)

And with that behind us, lets all get geared up for the amazing Brock Lesnar Vs Frank Mir shitfest thats coming next month! One doesn't care! One doesn't know what he wants to do with his life! Who will triumph?

Edited by Maxx

In my opinion, UFC is making a large mistake in giving Sean Sherk a title shot right away. The guy got busted, and the fans know it....did you hear them booing the shit out of him? No buys.

That being said, BJ vs. Sherk should be a good fight, although I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll have a hard time getting into the hype.

In my opinion, UFC is making a large mistake in giving Sean Sherk a title shot right away. The guy got busted, and the fans know it....did you hear them booing the shit out of him? No buys.

That being said, BJ vs. Sherk should be a good fight, although I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll have a hard time getting into the hype.

Err, UFC's lightweight division is quite strong...there's multiple guys near the top of the ladder. To name but a few: Nate Diaz, Manny Gamburyan, Kenny Florian, Rich Clementi, Tyson Griffin, Clay Guida, Roger Huerta, Gray Maynard, Cole Miller, Joe Lauzon, etc.

Any of those guys vs. Sherk would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

On the night before the biggest football game of the year, UFC® takes center stage with an immense night of hard-hitting heavyweight fight action. At UFC 81, former UFC® heavyweight champion Frank Mir will put wrestling superstar Brock Lesnar to the ultimate test, as Lesnar makes his move from the squared circle into the Octagon™ to prove that he is for real. Then, the new UFC heavyweight king will be decided as Tim “The Maine-iac” Sylvia faces Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira for the Interim UFC Heavyweight Title.

UFC® 81: BREAKING POINT will be live Saturday, February 2 from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Doors open at 4:30pm PT

First bout at 5:15pm PT

Main card at 7:00pm PT

Tim Sylvia Vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Frank Mir Vs. Brock Lesnar

Jeremy Horn Vs. Nate Marquardt

Rob Yundt Vs. Ricardo Almeida

Gleison Tibau Vs. Tyson Griffin

Chris Lytle Vs. Kyle Bradley

Marvin Eastman Vs. Terry Martin

David Heath Vs. Tim Boetsch

Keita Nakamura Vs. Rob Emerson

Lesnar is wearing for the first time in UFC history tonight, Triple XL gloves. None of the other gloves UFC had fit him.

Our first fight of the evening

Gleison Tibau Vs. Tyson Griffin

Tibau comes out to 50 Cent's Many Men while Griffin comes out to Eye of The Tiger by Survivor.

Edited by Wahoo Vendetta