UFC News and Discussion Thread

1. Middleweight unification bout - UFC Middleweight Championship vs. PRIDE Welterweight Championship: Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson

2. Heath Herring vs. Cheick Kongo - I love Heath, he's the more talented fighter (probably the second most wasted potential in MMA), but he never fights with any gameplan, he seems to just want to stand and bang. Kongo by same outcome as his win over Cro Cop.

3. Evan Tanner vs. Yushin Okami - Evan Tanner works way too hard to let Okami toy with him like Okami does in his other fights

4. Josh Koscheck vs. Dustin Hazelett

5. Diego Sanchez vs. David Bielkheden

6. Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O'Brien - I'm picking this as the upset special of the night, O'Brien by decision

7. Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara

8. Jon Fitch vs. Chris Wilson - Though Wilson isn't going to lay down for Fitch, he's one of the better lesser known guys out there

9. Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson

10. Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti - IMO, Cummo the most underrated fighter to come out of any season of TUF. Luigi is a nice test for him.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

1. Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson - Easily either way but I'm hoping Silva retains and unifies the titles.

2. Heath Herring vs. Cheick Kongo - Cheik beat Mirko so by causality Cheik will beat Herring.

3. Evan Tanner vs. Yushin Okami

4. Josh Koscheck vs. Dustin Hazelett

5. Diego Sanchez vs. David Bielkheden

6. Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O'Brien

7. Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara

8. Jon Fitch vs. Chris Wilson

9. Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson

10. Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti

advise: this is post is from someone who have watched 3 full mma shows in his life

during the show, coleman vs lesnar was anounced, lesnar have a record of 1-1 in mma and his lose was against a former heavyweight champion (frank mir). Now if he loses against coleman in august (?), will that affect brock's mma career (if he want to have one)?

i am asking this because most of the fighter have record like 21-3, 14-2 etc.... and lesnar would have 1-2.

Edited by Mr.Chile

Mr. Chile

If Brock loses to Mark Coleman, it will most likely affect his career. Coleman is way past his prime, and I'm sure the UFC expects Brock to run threw him. However, Coleman is a talented wrestler, possibly better than Brock...so it should be interesting.

If Brock loses, look for him to be the guy that gets fed to young up and comers until his contract is finished.

I don't think this needs to be in spoilers. I don't know how anybody can argue that Mark Coleman vs. Brock Lesnar shouldn't co-main event a PPV. It's going to be another huge draw for sure and that's already underneath LHW title fight between Page and Forrest. A lot of fans don't understand how business works.

I don't think this needs to be in spoilers. I don't know how anybody can argue that Mark Coleman vs. Brock Lesnar shouldn't co-main event a PPV. It's going to be another huge draw for sure and that's already underneath LHW title fight between Page and Forrest. A lot of fans don't understand how business works.

So after an impressive sounding victory.....

Do you think Arlovski gets the money he wants and signs a new UFC contract?

or

Should I be purchasing Showtime so that I can catch my favorite fighter on Elite XC!!