UFC News and Discussion Thread

Incredible fight. Glad to see Chael didnt deny tapping although it really looked like he didnt at first. I guess I learned never count out the spider. Gotta wonder if he is glad to be I believe the third person to win a fight in the 5th round considering he got dominated up to that point. UFC 117 worth the watch for sure.

I loved it. The whole fight I was like "dammit, I'm going to lose 50 bucks on this Jamaican scrub" and then pow. He yanks it out.

I would've lied and said I didn't tap if I was Sonnen though. He really had nothing to lose.

He's from Brazil C-Mil

Sonnen deserved the win in my opinion. Nobody's manhandled Silva like that, never mind through 4, mostly 5 rounds. Awesome performance by them both though, but I really wish Sonnen didn't tap.

What's everyone's opinions on Toney/Coture? I see Toney taking the stand up, perhaps even scoring a KO, but if Randy takes him down, I can't see Toney being too great off his back.

Chael Sonnen proved to everybody that he's amazing. He went out there and he showed Silva up, and exposed Silva throughout the whole bout. Silva had ZERO ground game there until the end. Sonnen was playing this match very smartly, but unfortunately, as everyone knows (or should), Silva is dangerous. That's the best adjective to describe him. No matter where, no matter how, never count out Silva, never.

Both made huge mistakes in this fight. Silva exposed himself to strikes far too much, and Sonnen CONTINUES to expose himself to submissions over and over again. I can't remember the last fight Sonnen lost that wasn't by submission.

The fight was incredible, and it's a shame that Sonnen lost after an amazing performance like that, but thems the breaks. I wouldn't be surprised to hear rumblings of a rematch sometime down the line in the near future.

I loved it. The whole fight I was like "dammit, I'm going to lose 50 bucks on this Jamaican scrub" and then pow. He yanks it out.

I would've lied and said I didn't tap if I was Sonnen though. He really had nothing to lose.

He's from Brazil C-Mil

I know. I was using it as an insult. Not entirely sure why, but it seemed more demeaning than Brazilian.

I'd definitely check out a rematch. Sonnen didn't betray any majestic strategy or anything, he just guzzled him. I don't think he could stop him, but he could drag out the time-limit and win on a decision like he probably would've in this one.