UFC News and Discussion Thread

I think people forget in the Shields fight how close Miller was to finishing Shields fully locking in a choke and Henderson I believe would have one that fight if he hadn't had such trouble with cutting weight.

Kampmann is going to be a tough fight for Shields and could even win it.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Even more added to UFC 121 with Gonzaga/Schaub and MATT HAMILL VERSUS TITO ORTIZ. Looks like Cote/Lawlor might end up getting busted down to prelims.

Also, even though Phil Davis was supposed to be taking a ton of time off to work on his standup, he's stepping in to kill Rodney Wallace in a little over two weeks.

UFC 121 is ridiculous:

# Champ Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez (for heavyweight title)*

# Matt Hamill vs. Tito Ortiz*

# Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Brendan Schaub*

# Martin Kampmann vs. Jake Shields*

# Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago*

# Ryan Jensen vs. Court McGee*

# Todd Duffee vs. Jon Madsen*

# Patrick Cote vs. Tom Lawlor*

# Sam Stout vs. Paul Taylor*

# Chris Camozzi vs. Dongi Yang*

Even more added to UFC 121 with Gonzaga/Schaub and MATT HAMILL VERSUS TITO ORTIZ. Looks like Cote/Lawlor might end up getting busted down to prelims.

Also, even though Phil Davis was supposed to be taking a ton of time off to work on his standup, he's stepping in to kill Rodney Wallace in a little over two weeks.

That's actually a pretty safe fight for Davis though too. As long as he avoids handing his chin to Wallace, he should have no issue with taking him down and pounding him out. Rodney Wallace hits like a brick, but he gasses quickly and is sloppy in almost every area of MMA.

Jeez, 121 shaping up as an absolute balltearer of an event. After getting a few duds late last year the fans are really being paid back well. Outside of UFC 120 there's some exciting months ahead.

Also, I thought Diego Sanchez was planning a return to 155 after losing to Hathaway?

I want to, but a lack of money's conspiring against me at the minute.

Jorge Rivera out, Gerald Harris in to face Sakara at 118.

Gerald Harris has replaced Jorge Rivera to fight Alessio Sakara

:shifty: