UFC News and Discussion Thread

Lesnar/Velasquez rumoured for 119 in Indiana.

Seems a bit soon, especially considering the amount of punishment Lesnar took.

Dana White says it won't be 119 for this fight.

Lesnar says that he is expecting a baby in two weeks, wants to spend time with his family, shoot a white tailed deer, and now that he is farmer and has a lot of combining to do this fall.

Guest Mr. Holland Head

Evan Dunham vs. Sean Sherk is in the works for UFC 119. Sherk probably isn't what he once was but this is still a great test for Dunham to see if he's really a top-level lightweight.

After 116, I'm pretty sure the only way to KO Brock is to hit him in the face with a crowbar and then it's only 50/50.

I hear Brock can do a shooting star press, land on his head, and still get up. I think that crowbar needs to be attached to some kind of swinging machine. And still 50/50

• Like 2

I think you could probably swing a box full of crowbars with a crane, and there's still a 20% chance that Brock shrugs it off and taps the crane with an armbar.

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Holland Head

Also fighting on that card is MARK HUNT. Which makes perfect sense because one Fedor loss means there's no point to him ever fighting in the UFC but somebody with a sub-.500 career record and five-fight-losing streak is perfectly okay.

Guest Mr. Holland Head

Hey, I like Mark Hunt.

I also find it funny how UFC signed a guy with wins over two guys the UFC loves to hype up and all his losses are to current Strikeforce/DREAM guys. Including Fedor, for that matter.

What weight has Mark Hunt came into his previous fights as cause i'm curious as to how he'll handle the cut. Mir/Nog II makes alot of sense imo with them both coming of loses to Carwin and Cain, it'll help establish the pecking order as we currently have Brock-Cain-JDS/Roy Nelson in terms of title shots.

Nog/Bader is a great fight and makes alot of sense as Ryan gets a step up in competition and Nog a win over Bader could edge him to 1 fight of a possible title shot.

After 116, I'm pretty sure the only way to KO Brock is to hit him in the face with a crowbar and then it's only 50/50.

A crowbar might take down Brock but I'm fairly certain it'll just piss Leben off. The only way to take him down would be hitting him with a car (or Anderson Silva)

120 will be a Spike show, so no not two PPVs. Just like 106 with Vera/Couture was on Spike and a week later there was a PPV with 107 Ortiz/Griffin 2.

Ortiz/Griffin was 106, Couture/Vera 105, I like being a pedant. <_<

Eddie, be prepared to pay at least £150 for an ok ticket at the O2, unless you are taking ti as a birthday present?

And to get a ticket you may have to sign up and pay for a fight club membership in the next month to get early access to tickets.

120 will be a Spike show, so no not two PPVs. Just like 106 with Vera/Couture was on Spike and a week later there was a PPV with 107 Ortiz/Griffin 2.

That's right. Too many shows, numbers get mixed up.

Eddie, be prepared to pay at least £150 for an ok ticket at the O2, unless you are taking ti as a birthday present?

And to get a ticket you may have to sign up and pay for a fight club membership in the next month to get early access to tickets.

Money won't really be too much of an issue, but if DJ Ice is going .. crap, and dude's just as old as me, oh shit.