UFC News and Discussion Thread

BloodyElbow is reporting that the UFC have already made their minds about TUF 14, Coaches will be Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber and it will feature Bantamwights/Featherweights. Not official yet, but that is the plan supposedly.

ALSO, DIEGO SANCHEZ SHAVED HIS HEAD BALD. :shifty:

BloodyElbow is reporting that the UFC have already made their minds about TUF 14, Coaches will be Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber and it will feature Bantamwights/Featherweights. Not official yet, but that is the plan supposedly.

ALSO, DIEGO SANCHEZ SHAVED HIS HEAD BALD. :shifty:

Now I want Wineland to win, just for shits and giggles.

Oh wow, he did. Why?!

33-sanchez_20vs_20kampmann-ufc_20vs3.jpg

Edited by Mysterio2000X

Just thought about it. Assuming they don't air TUF 14 until the Fall/Winter, does that mean they're really going to put their new division's inaugural title match off until basically a year after it was introduced?

Yes, but Cruz is out until late Summer at the earliest following hand surgery, so really it is only delaying around it by around 3 months anyway.

Just thought about it. Assuming they don't air TUF 14 until the Fall/Winter, does that mean they're really going to put their new division's inaugural title match off until basically a year after it was introduced?

Yes, but Cruz is out until late Summer at the earliest following hand surgery, so really it is only delaying around it by around 3 months anyway.

I was under the impression the surgery would only sideline him for a couple of months, and that he would be okay to hit the gym again in 2-4 months at the most (March-May).

Carry on, then.

Eh, either way, this showcases the new champion and title on tv for 11/12 weeks to the UFC fans who know nothing of them, as well as giving the UFC more time to let the division settle and start lining up a series of challengers for 2012

Abridged version... Sanchez is crazy nuts, YUS! He lost the Hathaway match and wanted to distance himself from the "Nightmare" moniker, Sanchez is crazy nuts, YUS! He fought his last fight with out a nickname, Sanchez is crazy nuts, YUS! Sanchez has decided his new nickname should show the fans that he has changed and the best way to represent that is to change a nightmare in to a dream, Sanchez is crazy nuts, YUS!

• Like 1

I disagree with the decision, but Diego showed so much heart. I thought Kampmann won, but I am not angry or disappointed with the decision. I bet Diego has a broken nose and a broken orbital bone.

Kampwho? and Sanchez get a $160,000 fight of the night bonus... each.

While I also felt that Kampwho? was unlucky to be given the loss of the fight I would like to put out there that as a fan I felt there was no real loser here, with the fans being a huge winner in what for me is a fight of the year candidate alongside the likes of Maynard/Edgar already. Sanchez now gets full on traction in the welterweight division again and Kampwho? will not lose much stature in the division despite being on a two fight skid, with a couple of solid wins he will be knocking on the door of contendership again by the end of the year.

Other things I enjoyed, Munoz's win, not been a massive fan but learning Muay Thai from Rafael Cordeiro (Wanderlei's old coach at Chute Boxe) has given him a new edge and he really has put himself in the mix of the 185'ers, especially with that division being a bit think up top with fighters being perennially injured or lacking in drawing power (sorry Yushin Okami :().

Oh and fuck yeah Brian Bowles! His two wins over Damaciao Page now, both in the first round, by guillotine choke at 3:30 :D

Kampmann got robbed in my opinion... I agree with him saying that Diego threw a lot of punches but didn't land a lot. Just look at their faces... Kampmann should have won it allthough this proves once again that fighters should finish to be sure. Kampmann could have finished it in the first I think.

Other then that, lots of good fights and impressed with Bowles. He'll get a title shot before the end of the year I think.

Kampmann got robbed in my opinion... I agree with him saying that Diego threw a lot of punches but didn't land a lot. Just look at their faces... Kampmann should have won it allthough this proves once again that fighters should finish to be sure. Kampmann could have finished it in the first I think.

Other then that, lots of good fights and impressed with Bowles. He'll get a title shot before the end of the year I think.

Doubtful, next bantamweight shot will got to Faber as long as he beats Wineland at 128, then it will be Faber vs Cruz on TUF 14 then they will fight in December for the belt. I would be looking at a year from now or even Summer 2012 before we see Bowles getting a shot and he can fit two or three more fights in before that, there are other fighters at 135 in the mix too, Torres, Benavidez , "Mighty Mouse"and Pickett are all in the mix.

Also I am starting to go against the "fighters should finish to be sure" or "don't leave it in the hands of the judges" sentiments. I feel that judges should be doing better and fighters shouldn't have to fear that their hard work is all in vein because their opponent has managed to avoid the KO or sub, and you lose despite that you have been the better fighter in most peoples' minds, the judging criteria should be reviewed and more clearly defined and judges held more accountable for their actions, in my opinion.

It's very doubtful he will get a title shot in 2011. If Faber beats Wineland and then coaches with Cruz on TUF 14 like they are rumored to be doing, that will tie the title up until the end of the year right there, since TUF 14 will from from September and end with the finale in December.