UFC News and Discussion Thread

Mazzagatti is the shittest ref.

Tell us something we don't know.

Josh Rosenthal is also a shitty ref. That Cain/Bigfoot fight was stopped way too late.

Late stoppage =/= a shitty ref, Next to Herb Dean I'd classify Rosenthal as the best in the business, I was calling for the fight too be stopped as well, but don't let one bad call ruin his good name, Rosenthal is a damn good ref I'd reference an article written on him a while back but I can't remember if I read it on Sherdog, MMA Fighting or Bloody Elbow.

Mazza and Dan Mergi-something.. those are terrible fucking refs and should never be allowed to ref a fight again.

Isn't a stoppage due to blood loss/cut a call for the cageside doctor and not the referee?

You would think so, although If it's clearly effecting them to the point where they are wiping their eyes every few seconds then I would guess the ref should deduce it's stopping then defending themselves. But to me the doc should have his medical licence looked at for not ending it. He didn't even check his vision, he just asked if he could see.

Guest mr. potato head

Patrick Cote is back in UFC as Rich Franklin's opponent against Cung Le. Presumably he won't be doing French-language commentary on that show.

Guest mr. potato head

Apparently after Cruz got hurt, Dana bought plane tickets to Vegas for both Brad Pickett and Ivan Menjivar and told them both they'd be Faber's new opponent but to keep it quiet, hoping somebody would leak the info and Barao getting the spot would be more of a surprise. :lol:

I can't tell if his inspiration is Vince Russo or Tyrion Lannister :shifty:

Apparently after Cruz got hurt, Dana bought plane tickets to Vegas for both Brad Pickett and Ivan Menjivar and told them both they'd be Faber's new opponent but to keep it quiet, hoping somebody would leak the info and Barao getting the spot would be more of a surprise. :lol:

This was such a great story.

I hope the two of them had a fun night or two in Vegas.