UFC News and Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, Quom said:

Because Brock isn't a UFC competitor. It would be like booking a celebrity match at WM over the championship match. I'd imagine if Jon Jones wasn't pissing radioactive waste they might have booked it women/Brock/Jones. Even that would be disrespectful though, it was two people fighting for a championship it shouldn't be below what amounts to an exhibition fight.

Yeah, but it doesn't really mean anything, everyone knows what fight people came to see, and so we ended up with a main event that no one cared about because all the energy had been sucked out of the building. The arena was almost silent when Nunes was announced as the winner, and no one really cared because it wasn't even like a long-standing champion that had been dethroned, it was a title that is basically being passed around since Ronda lost it less than a year ago. Nate / Connor was above Holly / Miesha in March, and that wasn't a championship fight either. Hell, the rematch was supposed to be the headliner for UFC 200, above Miesha / Nunes. I don't see it as being disrespectful, I see it as a pretentious booking decision trying to appear like the Brock fight wasn't there as the star headliner. The least talked about match of the four advertised was Miesha / Nunes, everyone knew it. 

And yeah, they were going to have it WBW / Brock / Jones-DC 2. Which makes sense, because at least there was a substantial amount of interest for Jones-DC 2, significantly more than Miesha-Nunes.

I said Mark Hunt was a great stylistic match up for Brock Lesnar. I also said Hunt would have issues in regards to his kicks. In response, I was insulted by a variety of people, the same people who appear to take issue with anyone who has a differing view to their own, who seem to prefer to dish out insults rather than engage in any kind of rational debate like grown adults, possibly because they’d rather not admit that they might be wrong and that the other person has a point.

In the end, the points and observations I brought up, and not just in relation the kicks, were proven to be accurate. Hunt was a great stylistic match up for Brock, and Hunt did have issues with his kicks; I don’t think he threw more than one or two, if he even threw any at all.

Maybe next time, when I, or anyone, brings up an opposing view to yours, you might consider the notion that someone other than yourselves actually knows what they’re talking about. Presuming you’re even open to debate and aren’t just into shitting on people for no reason for your own personal amusement.

Edited by Vince Russo

You'd think such an expert on MMA would learn by example of all the class and dignity frequently shown by the winners of the bouts post-fight...

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Vince Russo said:

I said Mark Hunt was a great stylistic match up for Brock Lesnar. I also said Hunt would have issues in regards to his kicks. In response, I was insulted by a variety of people, the same people who appear to take issue with anyone who has a differing view to their own, who seem to prefer to dish out insults rather than engage in any kind of rational debate like grown adults, possibly because they’d rather not admit that they might be wrong and that the other person has a point.

In the end, the points and observations I brought up, and not just in relation the kicks, were proven to be accurate. Hunt was a great stylistic match up for Brock, and Hunt did have issues with his kicks; I don’t think he threw more than one or two, if he even threw any at all.

Maybe next time, when I, or anyone, brings up an opposing view to yours, you might consider the notion that someone other than yourselves actually knows what they’re talking about. Presuming you’re even open to debate and aren’t just into shitting on people for no reason for your own personal amusement.

You need to get a fucking grip of yourself. 

People were having rational debates with you but because they had an opposing view or had counter points to what you said you took it as "EVERYONE IS ATTACKING ME AS PART OF A CLIQUE, EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE AN ADULT, ONLY I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT"

Grow up. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Vince Russo said:

What an absolute tosser you are. 

• Like 13

Moving on...

What next for Brock? Do we see him moving back into MMA on a more frequent basis or do we get to see him have more of the same suplex-fests he's been having in WWE? I know what my vote is. >_>

8 minutes ago, Vince Russo said:

Also worth mentioning is that 'Big Rig' continues to neither look nor fight so big. I seem to remember getting jumped on when I pointed that out as well and told I didn't know what I was talking about.

Either cut it out or go away.

Your choice.

• Like 2

For someone who back in the day claimed he was old enough to vote in the 70's for a US president (and held a big crush on Jade Goody), VR does act like a man in his early teens.

If you can't handle debate and opposing views without your word being law, then you will find EWB has way out-evolved you.

Edited by 9 to 5
typo
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

For someone who back in the day claimed he was old enough to vote in the 70's for a US president (and held a big crush on Jade Goody), VR does act like a man in his early teens.

If you can't handle debate and opposing views without your word being law, then you will find EWB has way out-evolved you.

Thank Niner, I'll take it from here.

• Like 1

I was quite impressed with Brock. He avoided being caught and was abe to take Hunt down on (IIRC) his first try. Makes me hopeful about how he would handle guys like JDS and Nelson if it came to it. I doubt the heights he once reached would be possible though. 

That is of course if he does fight again. He could call it a day now and go out on a win. I cannot see him settling for WWE though.

On an actual point though, Johnny Hendricks should no longer fight at Welterweight. Even with the earlier weigh in system, he's decimating himself with the weight cut, which probably isn't helped by the IV ban. 

I'd like to see him face Nate Marquardt at middleweight, or the winner of Tim Boetsch and Josh Samman next weekend.