UFC News and Discussion Thread

See, this is a perfect example of why I'm a Wrestling guy and not an MMA guy. 2 years of wait and those big long entrances for that little fight. In Wrestling you'd get a war.

Still, glad Punk got to do what he wanted and went for it. He seems happy.

• Like 1

I'm sure he does want to come back, nobody would want to spend two years of training and have that be the only output.

It'll be dependent on if UFC think him fighting again would be little more than a sideshow exhibition, or if they think he could actually muster some offense next time.  I give him credit for getting in there and giving it a try, even though nearly everybody who follows the sport closely had him pegged not just for a loss but for a first round decision.

Joe Rogan kept talking about how "This is what happens when a brown belt spars with a white belt" and the first thing that popped into my head was Punk saying that he didn't do BJJ "to earn belts" as if earning a belt level in a martial art makes you some kind of a mark or something. Oh well.

Since it was in the same arena as Royal Rumble 2014, does this mean we'll get a bunch of still images focusing on C.M. Punk's ass.............getting handed to him? :shifty:

• Like 3

Ignoring the media circus around Punk.... That main event was crazy fun.

Oh, and Lawler Cerrone will not be happening at UFC 205 as Lawler never agreed to it and wants more time off after being KO'd by Woodley.

and finally... Cerrone offered to take the place of Dolloway at 205lbs tonight at short notice, the man is crazy.