UFC News and Discussion Thread

UFC President Dana White noted in Alex Marvez' most recent syndicated column that if Kurt Angle is indeed serious about fighting in MMA, it won't be with the Ultimate Fighting Championships, since Angle will be continuing his pro wrestling career with TNA. "I wouldn't hire someone who is doing both. I would never blow that line. You're either a fighter or an actor." UFC will have a live special this Tuesday on SpikeTV featuring former NWA champion Ken Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz. To read the complete interview, click here

Another bout likely to be announced for PRIDE 32 "The Real Deal" on October 21st at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada is a Heavyweight bout featuring a former WWE & WCW superstar challenging one of Japan's most credible Heavyweight fighters.

It will be Sean O'Haire, who has competed in MMA for K-1, Rumble on the Rock, among other promotions - challenging Kazuyuki Fujita, probably the best Japanese Heavyweight fighter in PRIDE history.

credit: MMANews.com

We are 6 hours away from the PPV Broadcast!!!

Jon Fitch vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka

Cheick Kongo vs. Carmelo Marrer

Spencer Fisher vs. Dan Lauzon

Lightweight Championship: Sean Sherk vs. Kenny Florian

Middleweight Championship: Rich Franklin © vs. Anderson Silva

Edited by ACCBiggz

Kurt Pellegrino vs. Junior Assuncao

Clayton Guida vs. Justin James

Yushin Okami vs. Kalib Starnes

Keith Jardine vs. Mike Nickels

Jon Fitch vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka - Look for Fitch to be a shining star at Welterweight very soon

Cheick Kongo vs. Carmelo Marrer - I really like Kongo, he brings a refreshing, more tactical, European kickboxing style to the UFC. This guy is the real deal on his feet and is already turning some heads.

Sean Sherk vs. Kenny Florian - Too much overwhelming power in Sherk for a crafty KenFlo to handle

Rich Franklin vs. Anderson Silva - Part of me wants to say Silva, because it's hard not to buy into the hype of a much heralded fighter who is promoted as the toughest challenge for the champion yet. It's hard to bet against Rich Franklin, the guy has been flawless since entering the UFC and beaten top competition, but then you like at Anderson Silva and you see a laundrey list of great fighters he's beaten, many of which are well gifted on the ground (Horn, Newton). It's going to come down to which fighter can take control the quickest and most often, which will extremely difficult, as both Silva and Franklin are very cool and collective fighters, very hard to jar physically. I don't even know, I picked Franklin based on instinct just because he has been so flawless, not just recently, but his whole career.

Lightweight Championship: Sean Sherk vs. Kenny Florian - I really like Florian but I think Sherk's power will be the deciding factor.

Middleweight Championship: Rich Franklin © vs. Anderson Silva - I've seen Silva dominate some talented guys . same goes for Franklin. I've sided with Franklin since his debut and I think he might take this one.

Prelim Fights that may not be shown include:

Yushin Okami vs. Kalib Starnes - Couldn't stand Kalib on TUF show so I hope he gets his ass beat

The Middleweight Championship fight should be a doozy , at least I hope it is

My Predictions:

Yushin Okami vs. Kalib Starnes

Lightweight Championship: Sean Sherk vs. Kenny Florian

Middleweight Championship: Rich Franklin © vs. Anderson Silva

The main event was definately hard to pick... but I can't remember the last time Franklin fought (which was probably more recently than I think, but whatever...) and Silva's just a dominant motherfucker.

The easiest fight to pick was the Kongo/Marrer fight... Kongo's on a role, and he should be challenging Silvia within a year. With that in mind, I'd much rather see Kongo take on Andrei Arlovski. So, here's to hoping for an Arlovski/Kongo fight to determine Silvia's next challenger. I mean, really, other than the three of them, the Heavyweight Division is kind of bullocks.

Spencer Fischer d. Dan Louzon via Ref Stoppage/TKO whatever you wanna call it in the first round.

Spencer wants Joe next.

Carmelo Marrero d. Cheick Kongo by Split Decision

Kongo couldn't stop the takedowns, rather boring fight. A few landed strikes in round one or two would have given the fight to Kongo.

Jon Fitch d. Kuniyoshi Hironaka by Unanimous Decision

Domination, still has a lot of work to do like he said. But he looked good.

Jason Giambi is shown, and boo'd heavily, as he laughs.

SEAN SHERK D. KENNY FLORIAN BY UNANIMOUS DECISION!!!

A bloody entertaining fight with 40 bucks and we STILL have Franklin and Silva to go.... WHAT A F'N FIGHT BY SHERK!!!

ANDERSON SILVA KO'S RICH FRANKLIN IN ROUND ONE!!!!!

Edited by ACCBiggz

Silva started with a muai thai esque clinch, starting hitting big knees and worked the body then a knee to the face (Franklin had to drop his hands) then an elbow, then one more knee and it was stopped.

Pretty good pay-per-view the title fights were what was paid for, and the undercard was pretty meh in my mind, nothing really good.

I'm pretty glad I ordered this, kinda wish the main event would have gone further though.

I'm really looking forward to the next two pay-per-views though.