UFC News and Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Cain's trainer is saying he's out 6 - 8 months, torn rotator cuff. I really don't want to wait that long for Cain vs. JDS.

Ironically at the same time it was announced that Brendan Schaub would fight Cro Cop, not Mir. That tells me either Lesnar vs. Mir is going down or JDS and Mir will fight for the interim title.

The real question is what the fuck they do now?

Triple threat? :shifty:

I'm guessing Pettis is going to have to wait for the outcome of the inevitable Edgar-Maynard III.

If Edgar wins that, we might get IV...

I had it 48-46 Edgar but the last round was tight so 47-47 is understandable.

Only thing that makes sense is rematch. Anthony Pettis will just have to wait for a title shot or get given a fight to keep him active kinda like George Sotiropoulos.

I had it 47-47 but I could see it being given 48-46 Maynard if not, just because i felt the 3rd and the 5th could have went either way. I had 10-8 Maynard, 10-9 Edgar, 10-9 Maynard then Edgar winning the last two rounds.

Edited by davidmarrio

I think they should give Pettis the fight he was promised, and then the winner of that can face Maynard, as long as he wins his next fight whoever they put him up against, which I'm sure he will do, maybe Dana will declare this in the post-press.

What about George V Anthony Pettis if George gets through, which really he should Siver at 127? Be a good fight and could easily be announced as a contenders fight.

It couldn't hurt to give Pettis some exposure on a UFC PPV, get his name out there a bit with the more casual fans, to that end, a fight with someone explosive and entertaining (Clay Guida, I'm looking at you) would make fine business sense.