The 2010 Summer transfer thread

Essentially it isn't tapping up if the club is smart about it.

ANY player with an agent can be negotiated through the agent without direct contact between the club and the player.

If talks have happened then it'll be the agent scenario. I really can't see a club being stupid enough to admit up front that they've tapped up a player.

If we get rid of Carroll we're fucking idiots. I'm a big fan of his, purely because of regardless of how much money he makes, he still goes to the Bigg Market and kicks off like a true scally. :wub:

• Like 1

West Ham want to sign Henry on a free according to one of their owners (I forgot which one but they are pretty interchangeable). I've got the feeling they're going to be this summers Hull - linking themselves with every striker going but getting none of them.

West Ham want to sign Henry on a free according to one of their owners (I forgot which one but they are pretty interchangeable). I've got the feeling they're going to be this summers Hull - linking themselves with every striker going but getting none of them.

They've made a bid... £75,000 a week

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/22/west-ham-thierry-henry-offer

These are the same guys who opened up the West Ham accounts and said "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THE KIND OF SALARIES SOME OF THESE GUYS ARE ON, A CLUB WITH OUR FINANCES CAN'T SUPPORT THIS!"

So really, if Gold and Sullivan are really interested in buying in another £75k p/w player, more lol to them. In a way they're lucky that it'll never happen.

• Like 1

Spurs are apparantly going to have talks with Luka Modric to make sure that Man Utd won't get anywhere near him. If he WAS interested in moving to Man Utd then all the talks would have to involve would be showing a picture of Dimitar Berbatov and a picture of Michael Carrick.

• Like 2

These are the same guys who opened up the West Ham accounts and said "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THE KIND OF SALARIES SOME OF THESE GUYS ARE ON, A CLUB WITH OUR FINANCES CAN'T SUPPORT THIS!"

So really, if Gold and Sullivan are really interested in buying in another £75k p/w player, more lol to them. In a way they're lucky that it'll never happen.

Exactly. Danny Gabbidon, Kieron Dyer and Luis Boa Morte are slightly lower league than Henry though >_>.

I like the West Ham rumours of Martin Petrov, Sidney Govou, Nicky Shorey and Yakubu. They'd be good players to rebuild a squad on, and apparently Avram wants to bring Jamie O'Hara and Kevin-Prince Boateng in. I think if they got all six of those, it'd be brilliant.

Spurs are apparantly going to have talks with Luka Modric to make sure that Man Utd won't get anywhere near him. If he WAS interested in moving to Man Utd then all the talks would have to involve would be showing a picture of Dimitar Berbatov and a picture of Michael Carrick.

What, holding all their medals?

• Like 9

What, holding all their medals?

Yup.

How is it Newcastle United's board has explicitly stated we don't have money this year, that we won't be spending with the big bucks and yet we still get linked to players like Darren Fletcher, SWP and Curtis Davies? Sure, they aren't going to cost an arm and a leg but I believe the Cockney Mafia when they say they ain't spending shit this year!

However, apparent discussions about loan deals for Welbeck, Wilshere and Poulson make me happy.

Also, fuck Stoke suggesting they want to swap Kitson, Beattie and Lawerence for Andy Carroll. I live in Reading now and had to put up with Kitdon for three years down here, I certainly do now want to have to put up with him in a Newcastle shirt! He even had a hissy fit when URz had a 'ginger day' on his behalf and everyone wore orange afros!

Newcastle getting Fletcher is the most retarded gossip ever, he's pretty much cemented himself as one of the first names on the teamsheet at United why would he drop down to a relegation battle? What sorry paper published that?

• Like 1