Eurovision 2010

Katsuya

She sounds Australian.

Edit: Oh and why do we always put people who have done nothing on? We've got soooo many talented, successful singers in this country, way more than any other European country.

Edited by Version Dan

No one with any worth should risk doing it; because they'd look like a knob if they didn't get the votes. Isn't there like rules against professional singers doing it?

I don't think so over the years I often heard the commentators say the act is established in their own country sometimes even having On 1 hits I think this years winner is very well known in Germany and some other parts of Europe

Yeah, the fact that the contest was won this year by a song that's gone triple gold in its own country would suggest there is no such rule. <_<

I think if Patricia Kaas, who's sold well over 10 million albums in her career, can participate in Eurovision then I'm pretty sure anyone can. Only problem is, whereas you have acts like Kaas, maNga etc. representing countries like France and Turkey where doing badly isn't a kiss of death, in the UK if you don't do well then you're pretty much screwed. When Tatu tried it in 2003 it didn't particularly work for them, but it still gave Russia a very good result.

Lordi were boss when they won. I used to just watch it for the sarcasim of Terry Wogan but then he stopped doing it :( Can't UK just give in already lol the other countries take it really serious in putting good acts that are in their country while we just basically put these crap rejects whos songs make me want to rip my ears out and set them on fire why dont we just put some good established act through and we might do better than last place. Seriously that song was so shocking i really can't describe it

I always compare Eurovision songs with how they compare to Lordi in 2006, they won me £60 and are probably the best band I've seen in the Eurovision :pervert: ! No-one measured up to them this year, although my money did go on Turkey and Romania each way, so all is good! Adding to my Eurovision playlist this year, joining Finland 2006, Belarus 2007 and Norway 2009 will be Belgium 2010, Romania 2010 and Turkey 2010,.

I must be the only person that liked Russia's song. :crying:

I thought this year's competition was quite strong. Lena was very good for Germany, as was Manga for Turkey. Belgium's was quite 'nice' too.