Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

I do really want Bebe to do well, but some of his crossing today was awful. I don't think I've ever seen a cross go out for a throw in without it bouncing before. We put out a weak team so to get three points is amazing. We do have a pretty long injury list it seems so I understand the caution, but not playing Carrick, Berbatov or Scholes was a big risk today and we're lucky to get a win after such a poor performance.

They all picked up a stomach bug while in Turkey it seems. Sir Alex himself,Berbatov,Evra,Scholes and Carrick are all sick and then you have Nani,Anderson,Rooney and Gibson ruled out through other injuries so I could see why he rested Berbatov as he didn't want to go into the Manchester derby with Chicharito and Macheda as the only options.

Edited by The Future

I need to stop betting money on this league. It's killing me.

I've given up including Prem games in accumulators. Barring the top 3 anyone can beat anyone, and it was Man City ruined me last week after ever other underdog bet got me a win. Still can't decide if that means its a good league or a poor league, but at least its not a league that completely outclasses Newcastle. Suppose that makes it a poor league...

Absolutely delighted with that. Hughtons definitely found his best 11 and Cheik Tiote is frankly signing of the summer. Was hoping for a decent result leading into the two home games next week but never could've expected anything that good. I thought we'd have a go but even I wouldn't have gone for that.

To John Barnes: Your expert analysis on Sky is no excuse for missing the birth of a child...

Just saw that West Brom are 2-0 down at HT, so it's unlikely they'll get anything. A few strong challenges 2nd half wouldn't go a miss.

Really hope Liverpool play well today. Drogba's on the bench so if Gerrard wants to pass to him, at least it won't cost them a goal this time. >_>

First time I've wanted Liverpool to win a game in ages. It may be the fact I like the manager, or the fact I can't stand Chelsea. But they were a class above Chelsea today. Good to see Torres back on form. Actually, it was just good to see Liverpool's passion. You could so tell they wanted that game twice as much as Chelsea.