Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Who will Roy blame for tonights woeful result? He's blamed the players, the old owners, Benitez and the fans, I wonder who's fault it'll be tonight?

Just fuck off now, before you can do any more harm in the transfer window!

He'll blame Rafa again....all he does the fucking usual twat :( Hope he's gone by Sunday, should have went after the Wolves game.

I'm no longer surprised by any depth that Chelsea sink to.

Ipswich will knock us out of the FA Cup at the weekend.

While that would be fucking wonderful, we're in worse form than you are.

Yeah, so were Liverpool and Villa when they beat us (and probably some others that I forget). This means nothing.

The 2nd time Rovers sack Hodgson? :shifty:

Apparently your fans were chanting "you're getting sacked in the morning" why wait 'til morning, sack the tosser now!

We aren't big Hodgson fans at Ewood.

Why not? Andy Gray reckons he's a fantastic manager whose done well EVERYWHERE.

I know you are being sarcastic, but he got on the wrong side of senior players who didn't take to his methods.

:shifty:

Eh? Just looked at his honours (the Uefa Cup final with Inter and the Euro League Final with Fulham not included) on wiki:

Halmstad

* Allsvenskan (2): 1976, 1979

Malmö FF

* Swedish football champions (2): 1986, 1988

* Allsvenskan (5): 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989

* Svenska Cupen (2): 1985–86, 1988–89

Copenhagen

* Danish Superliga (1): 2000–01

* Danish Super Cup (1): 2001

Eh? Just looked at his honours (the Uefa Cup final with Inter and the Euro League Final with Fulham not included) on wiki:

Halmstad

Malmö FF

Copenhagen

I really really hope you aren't serious! It's hardly top class football the fucking sweedish and Danish leagues. He's proved with blackburn (who at the time had not long won the league) and with us that he's not a top level manager, he looks great when he over acheves with a club like Fulham, but he had one good season and a good European run with them, that's it. He's an average journeyman manager who's got mates in the media to big him up.

Halmstad

Malmö FF

Copenhagen

So we're counting everywhere as Scandinavia these days?

By that logic Ossie Ardiles was a great Spurs manager because he did really well in South America.

Sky and the BBC refused to ask Roy about his future.

Makes a change from their treatment of the previous manager, eh? Wonder why.

Of course the post match press conference lasted three minutes. Roy, being babysat by the Press Officer, walked out after being asked about his future.

There is simply no excuse for Aston Villa or Liverpool respectively being in the positions they are in at this stage of the season. Both Houllier and Hodgson deserve to be sacked.

And as far the idea of having Houllier and Hodgson switching jobs goes (I believe J mentioned that a page or two back). We don't want Hodgson at Villa Park. Outside of Scandinavia and Craven Cottage the man has failed and should be nowhere near a top six Premier League club's dug out. As "nice" as a guy he seems, he simply isn't good enough and is completely out of his depth at Anfield.

But Villa aren't a top 6 team. I still like Hodgeson, though. He hasn't done the job at Liverpool; but I don't think that's solely down to him. Outside of Gerard, it seemed like everyone was shocking last night for them. They're just lacking good players and their good players need to play better.

But Villa aren't a top 6 team. I still like Hodgeson, though. He hasn't done the job at Liverpool; but I don't think that's solely down to him. Outside of Gerard, it seemed like everyone was shocking last night for them. They're just lacking good players and their good players need to play better.

We're five points of bottom. Debating whether the squad is good enough to challenge for the top four/six is one thing, but we're far better than we're currently showing. I said earlier in the season that Hodgson had managed to find a system that highlighted the weaknesses of every single player in our squad bar Carragher (because he loves defending on the edge of his own box and being allowed to hump the ball upfield), and he's shown no ability to change that.