Your 'Theme Song'?

Farmer Reil

What do you guys consider to be your 'theme song'? I'm not talking songs that you'd use for an entrance theme or anything like that, but songs that you identify with, that you feel might as well have been written about you/your life, or that sum up your character perfectly.

Mine would have to be Down Payment Blues by AC/DC. -_-

It's pretty much the UK's, possibly even the world's theme tune right now, but... it'll do me just fine. It'll probably be my theme tune in 20 years, and I still won't care. ¬_¬

I'd have to go with "I Hate Love Songs" by GWAR for now, but it could also be "Blind and Gagged" by Six Feet Under.

There's a couple of "holy shit why didn't I write this" songs - including pretty much anything by The Lucksmiths, including "Guess How Much I Love You", "A Hiccup In Your Happiness" (which manages to use my ex-girlfriend's name for good measure) and "The Chapter In Your Life Entitled San Francisco" to name but three.

When I'm DJing I tend to have a couple of signature tunes, so I'll include those too - "Let's Dance" by David Bowie, "Mustang Sally" by Silver Apples, "Ace Of Spades" by Motorhead at the least expected time, and on a good night "The Past Is A Grotesque Animal" by Of Montreal, which could also easily be my "theme song".

Joke answer: "Bad To The Bone" by George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers.

Real answer: "Back In Black" by AC/DC, or "I Don't Believe In Love" by Queensryche.

When I was a radio dj in high school (keeping in mind that was late 80s), my signature song (ie, the one I tried to play every day) was by Billy Idol. "Eyes Without A Face"....but only because the station didn't have a copy of Hall & Oates' "Private Eyes".

Joke: "Bob" by "Weird" Al Yankovic

However, theme songs for me are songs where I GOTTA dance to 'em. Like, seriously. That, or the ones that resonate with me because they kinda' bring back memories due to the lyrics.

Must-Dance Songs: "You Make My Dreams" by Hall & Oates, "Geek In The Pink" by Jason Mraz (Pity this song was on his sophomore slump, SERIOUSLY underrated), The entire Infinity on High album by Fall Out Boy, "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison" by My Chemical Romance, "Pretend To Be Nice" from the Josie & The Pussycats movie (What? It's catchy.)

"This is Your Life" Songs: Anything the Goo Goo Dolls has written from Hold Me Up onward, "Life" and "Clumsy" by Our Lady Peace, "Always Be" by Jimmy Eat World

Yeah, my life has no theme songs. It's more like America or the USSR - CRAP LOADS of anthems.

Edited by Nick Adams