2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

Spurs played absolutely fine once BAE had gone off 30 minutes in. Very average performance but still played that lot off the park for most of the game. 3-2 wasn't what I'd have wanted 2 hours ago ago but I would have given anything for it an hour and a half ago.

Spurs will win the second leg and progress, no problems.

More posession than the Swiss, more of everything really except goals. They had three shots on target all game pretty much and scored them all. That won't happen in the second leg so I'm satisfied.

Played them off the park? What game were you watching, I think you can count yourself very very lucky to still be in the tie, a bit of better finishing by Young Boys and you could have been 5-1 losers easily. Tottenham really didn't show much at all and if that's how you perform against Young Boys away then I think your time in the Champions League will be real real short.

Actually I completely disagree. I see Spurs easily winning at home and doing quite well in the CL. They had a poor performance tonight and were nowhere near teir best. They should easily bounce back at home, pick up some steam and find their form. I really think it was just an off day for them. I may be way wrong, but I can actually see them being a surprise package in this years CL. And personally I hope I'm right. They're not my favourite team, but it's really nice to see somebody different challenging in Europe, so all the best to them.

3-2 is a great result for Spurs, all things considered.

On the whole, a poor performance, 3-0 down ...yeah, Harry would've taken 3-2 knowing a 1-0 win at home is enough to see them get to the group stages.

And it isn't as if Young Boys are shit. They're no doubt better than some of the teams who'll make it into the CL proper this season. Didn't they beat Fenerbahce (or some other turkish team) away to earn this tie? I think Andy Gray said the other day, "When you're playing in Turkey, you KNOW you're playing in Turkey". United found that out when they played in front of 20,000 (or was it 200,000? >_>) at Besiktas last year.

Spurs played absolutely fine once BAE had gone off 30 minutes in. Very average performance but still played that lot off the park for most of the game. 3-2 wasn't what I'd have wanted 2 hours ago ago but I would have given anything for it an hour and a half ago.

Spurs will win the second leg and progress, no problems.

More posession than the Swiss, more of everything really except goals. They had three shots on target all game pretty much and scored them all. That won't happen in the second leg so I'm satisfied.

Played them off the park? What game were you watching, I think you can count yourself very very lucky to still be in the tie, a bit of better finishing by Young Boys and you could have been 5-1 losers easily. Tottenham really didn't show much at all and if that's how you perform against Young Boys away then I think your time in the Champions League will be real real short.

While it certainly didn't feel like it seeing the stats this morning has suggested exactly that. We were shocking in the first half gifting them three goals due to not turning up, after that Spurs had all the ball, managed to carve out as many shots on target (including their three goals), MUCH more shots off target and way more corners. The only thing they had in hand was more fouls which I put down to BAE having a shocking half hour (and a couple of poor though thankfully not panishing decisions). Overall Spurs did control the game but through the concern of getting caught out due to a bad defensive performance didn't really push forward and were too cautious. Probably should've actually won on the night despite the first half hour even not playing well.

Just the wake up call needed though to make sure the Lane crowd are jumping from the first minute, wouldn't want Wolves style complacency.

• Like 1

• Admin

Absolutely bricking it for tomorrow but can't wait for another European nights atmosphere at the Lane. Keane, Defoe, Pav & dos Santos are all fit but Modric is still out.

EDIT: the club say that "Jermain Defoe is set to undergo groin surgery which will rule the Tottenham striker out for up to a month."

They then said that he apparently he could still play against Young Boys tomorrow, but after that will have surgery that will rule him out for a minimum of two weeks. So he'd miss the England games too.

Edited by Dashing Gary Lineker

As an israeli Barcelona/Maccabi Haifa fan, I hope that the israeli team of Hapoel Tel Aviv gets the best teams she can get.... and why? because I f'n hate that team and hope they will score 0 points and 0 goals, just so they can feel how I felt when we lost to Bayren, Juventus and this french team whose name in english I cant spell......

• Like 1

A touch of handball, but no-one cares.

Half Time came at a good time for Spurs. If YB had scored one of their two half chances the 2nd half would've been even more edgy than it's going to be.

I said 3-1 to Spurs earlier today. I fancy Young Boys to grab a goal and think Spurs will score at least one more. We'll see.

This is a time when only the people who actually support the team are worried about them buggering it up from here. They'll be fine.

They would get slaughtered against Barcelona, Spurs would be better off having an easyish group to build some confidence, not having a group where they get thumped by Barcelona and find themselves needing results in the other 4 games.