nPower Football League Thread 2010/2011

Adam

Had a couple of good seasons with Reading but has done nothing of note in the years around that really. I thought Bristol City may push for a promotion spot sooner or later and expect to see them make the Premiership one day, if only for a year.

Still think Bristol City can do well, they were great under Gary Johnston and they just need that manager who can take them to a slightly further level. All this drama and bluster thats come with Coppell will be the last thing a team like Bristol City will have wanted.

I feel sorry for Bristol, they didn't deserve this at this time. I won't really lose sleep over Coppell's decision to retire from management either and I'm sure he'll be back in some shape at some point.

Hopefully Millen can lead Bristol City forward now, to me they've always been that team that will achieve without any weights of expectations on them - they aren't a glamour team so don't attract a lot of media attention, or at least they didn't until James and Coppell arrived on the scene.

Bit of a mixed week.

Great 5-1 win and now selling our star striker. Hope it does not set us back.

We have good options besides. Stockley is a good young guy coming through and we have Symes as well as Fletcher and Lovell.

Once again we bred a guy for bigger and better things. Not many clubs with the track record we have.

Then again, they don't all go great guns when they leave.

See John Spicer and Sam Vokes.

On the plus side Man City have cheered up one EWB member with their crusade :P yasy Bellamy and Cardiff :D, would be great if they get promoted this season, will defo try to go catch some matches when I'm not too busy studying ¬.¬

Plus a win for Colchester, what a good day :D

Edited by Sam

• 3 weeks later...

Carlisle beat Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 at Hillsboro. That's probably the biggest win Carlisle could hope for in this league so perhaps a promotion push could be on the cards? Was apparently a deserved win too, lads who went said Sheff Wed didn't even get a sniff and no one on the Carlisle team put a foot wrong for the whole match.

Problem is, come the end of the year, if they don't go up (and even if they probably do), players like Collin, Madine, Zoko and Taiwo could easily be snapped up by bigger teams.

Yay Colchester are unbeatable! I hope we can take advantage of the turmoil at Soton and get 3 points there next time out though XD

Also good to see Cardiff beating Hull despite having injury problems (like always)

Edited by Sam

I will be going, yeah-if there's any trouble in the town it'll only be in pubs and it won't be many people I'd imagine, I don't remember any trouble when we played them two years ago at home.

It could go either way...either they'll come out roaring, wanting to put right last nights result, or they'll bring more of the same and we'll beat them. I hope it's the latter!

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, I went to Bristol City today because my mate's parents are out of town and I borrowed her dad's season ticket, and I can't believe how bad things are. A couple of seasons ago Ashton Gate was an asbolute fortress and now the defending is like something you'd see accompanied by Benny Hill music. What's annoying is that City were probably the better team but three massive mistakes and we got cunted. Bottom of the table now, please don't have us go down and have to deal with Rovers fans holding victories over us for like 5 years again :(